Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Happy birthday to Mrs. grasshopper🎂

Yes tell Mrs Hopper happy Birthday from all of us, and we voted and she deserves whatever she wants, considering everything. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Shiva said:

For those who missed the recent Arnold Strongman Classic, I recorded some of it yesterday on the telly.   Here is a little deadlift action, impressive.

Watched a few videos of Robert Oberst and a few other strongman who he hangs out with. They were talking about training and showed what they eat, it was quite shocking. One funny part was them on the road going into an average gym, people were quite surprised. 

• Like 3

@grasshopper  Happy Birthday to your bride and I hope the SIL is safe and sound.  I remember once moving from Los Angeles to Michigan for work. Several weeks later, I get a phone call at work -- it was my sister. She had called my old job to get a phone number of my new office and she called and read me the riot act for leaving and never letting anyone know that I arrived safely. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

read me the riot act for leaving and never letting anyone know that I arrived safely. 

my wife does that to me

One time, she was in Tucson. I called her at 9AM... She sez she gonna come home after she gets breakfast. It's an hour drive from there to here.... 5 hrs later, she gets home and wonders why I'm upset.

• Haha 3

I remember once my brother took off to visit a friend (in a different town a hour drive away). Cant recall why; but a few days later we needed to talk to him so called the friend. The friend says that my brother never showed up.  Me and my sister are on the phone with the cops and hospitals -- none had any knowledge of him. 

A few of us jumped in the car and figured we'd drive the most logical route and see if we could see his car on the side of the road. Right when we're getting on the freeway, we see his car exiting the freeway.  Can't recall the actual story; but I think he made it to the friend's house and nobody was home, so he decided to go to Nevada for the weekend and gamble.  Yeah, my family doesn't communicate much. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

TarHeel, how’s the rental situation on the outer banks?

I’ve never really been; but, I’d sure like to go.

Best Beach with clearest water, & whitest sand? No ferry, please.

I haven't been there in some time.  The family cottage was sold so no real draw.  I'm 4 miles away from Wrightsville Beach and the strand/sand is nicer.  Parking is a problem though ($3.50/hour).

Our cottage was at Kill Devils Hill in between Nags Head and Kitty Hawk.  My favorite times to go was April/early May or September/October when kids are back in school and tourist not as thick.

Don't know how things are with little traveling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Not on your phone constantly? Posting on Facebook your latest adventure or more important yet what you had for breakfast? :)

I may be the only person in my family NOT on Facebook.  Never have and hopefully never will. 

I very rarely have a telephone conversation either ... generally a text here & there is all. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I may be the only person in my family NOT on Facebook.  Never have and hopefully never will. 

I very rarely have a telephone conversation either ... generally a text here & there is all. 

My brother from another mother

• Like 1