Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning folks!

Think the A W is on the trim?

Nice shade of yellow there Dave that color "plays" well with the woods in the room. So make sure you get those optional beauty panels for the front of the jubilees that would be swell!

You do have some cable ties in a drawer somewhere don't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

those optional beauty panels for the front of the jubilees

why would you hide them?

Mornin' All

Wife has been "off" work for 5 days in a row... She was off on her b'day and yesterday for the Dr.. Back to the grindstone today. Sposed to be out the house at 7. I seriously doubt she'll make that.

oh... SIL turned up. She went to the cemetery to "visit" Mom on Mothers' Day... This where details get fuzzy. Something happened to her moped, I guess. Still don't know how that plays with her "missing".  The cemetery is in the middle of town. Not more than 2 blocks from everything, including home. Anyway... she is OK.

Average and real temps meet today... 91 is average in Tucson.  It will be in the mid/upper 80's here.

fwiw

Stay Home is lightening up Friday. I might be able to go fishing, again. Looking forward to that.

time to rattle wife's cage

• Like 2

Ah So @grasshopper !

I've seen them with and without and don't remember who had them here but I love wood especially beautiful wood. Now blacked out pro series upgraded K-Horns are awesome, but in a den sometimes blacked out isn't my glass of tea. Not knocking your well travelled LS that if I recall have that finish at all.

I even like pine when done right!

IMG-20200513-100449.jpg

• Like 4

We have lots of wood in our place. Bamboo floors. Redwood on the walls.  .The black is a nice contrast. While I do appreciate a good looking speaker, we aren't buying them just 'cause they're pretty.

Being a mechanic at heart, I see beauty in simplicity and function.

Tried getting the wife up at 6 and 6:30 and at 6:45.  She got out of the house around 7:30...  That's near lunch time for me.

Did some housework. Need to go up on the roof. A patch job. Should be up there now. The materials have softened up to pliable. It was 50` this AM.  I didn't want to jinx our chances of rain by fixing it earlier. I won't know if it is fixed for a month. I do not expect to see much for clouds until mid/late June.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

why would you hide them?

It does not hide anything, the panel he is talking about is there either way, the only difference is it is either black, unfinished of fancy wood with a beauty panel.

You need some of them the desert would never be the same, well your marriage might not be either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

that's the rub

I can afford a pair

don't know if I afford to get another wife.   this one is pretty good.  

Kinda like my system

I didn't pay much for either... any upgrade would be very expensive.

Exactly, think of the maintenance if you got a newer model, and there is a fair chance it wouldn't work out. The stereo of course, be happy and just listen to music, it the reason for it all anyway. 

• Like 3

That side wall paint is called Humble Gold from Sherman-Williams and in their "Emerald" line.  Strangest paint I ever put on.  Daylight it's more of a darker gold color but at night when you flip the switch the room turns more yellow.  They say yellow paint is a "welcoming" color.  Ha!  All the trim is Antique White in a semi-gloss so it does pop the flat sidewall color a bit.  No way would I ever paint ANY room yellow.  It freaked me out at first.  Much brighter in here at nite and I actually kinda like it.  In the process of trying to figure out the Levolor's for the French Doors in the dining room.  Sheesh.  Lowe's @ 30% off plus another 10% using my military discount.  Been broke before so I guess I'll git-er-done!  lol

Cable ties?  Sure have bags full of them.  Need some?  White, Clear, Black?  Various sizes too.  I'm not even CLOSE to using them right now.  That wad of cable is actually a 25' HDMI - Stereo RCA cable.  Wanted a short one but the home theater installer I know only had a 25 footer in his van.  Price was right though.  hahaha  Never have used it.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

No way would I ever paint ANY room yellow.

I wish I had pictures to show; but years ago when my ex and I were looking for a house to buy, we happened upon an otherwise nice house in a nice neighborhood. We both immediately said that the first order of business would be to paint it because it was pink. then EVERY room in the house was pink. The block wall in the back yard was painted pink.

gave us a good laugh, but would have been too much work just getting rid of all the pink. strangest thing that I've ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trust me this color shift with this stuff had me looking twice.  Maybe that's why they called the line "Emerald."  Gonna have to give em a call cause it's got me baffled.  I know, I know it doesn't take much to baffle me...  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That's some interesting wall paint if the lighting can make a big difference like that. Had an eggshell (basically between flat and semi gloss) color called opal that reflected colors inside on some barely stucco walls in FL. Looked light gray but had purple, blue, green and pink in it at times, the surface & the FL sun helped that a lot.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Glow in the dark would be cool, a nice color during the day and a nice glow at night, ok might be to strange ?

I hate painting with a brush or roller, but love spray painting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

we happened upon an otherwise nice house in a nice neighborhood. We both immediately said that the first order of business would be to paint it because it was pink

There is a house in GreenValley that is purple, orange and yellow... Not pastel, either.   In an area w/o HOAs... duh

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

I know it doesn't take much to baffle me.

That's my line

51 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

lighting can make a big difference

Look at how different colors look under HPS lighting.

I did a little curating at a lithography studio ... light IS everything

@Dave1290

You can pick the color of your lights.   There are some #'s on the package giving a rating in K, I think... low numbers are more red/orange. High are on the blue end.

What we know as "soft white" are in the red end. "Daylight" was more blue. We use "daylight" in the pinsetters. Made the pins look [more] white..... and if we had to use a soft white...stood out like a sore thumb. The pins looked yellow.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

something like the MilkyWay across the ceiling would be cool.

Our office was our grandsons bedroom, he stuck about 40 glow in the dark plastic stars on the ceiling when he was little, well we stuck them he just wanted them. They are still up there, when you turn out the light they still glow, he is 19 now, must be some pretty good glow stuff ? 

There is a company who does that and it's really nice but not cheap for the better ones with shooting stars and twinkling stars.

one company

http://www.star-panels.com/

UK_home_cinema_star_ceiling.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

suzy homemaker tip for cleaning glass smokeware

Hot water under a little pressure will remove most goo quite well. I use a garden hose set in the sun. I attach a short section of hose with no male end... mates better to the glass.

Bong maintenance? is there a such thing?

I remember once going to a HUGE flea market with my Mom and Aunt. My aunt says, "Let's go over there, they're giving away free Bongs."  I said, "Do you know what a bong is?" She said no but they're free. 

• Haha 5

• Moderators
13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Bong maintenance? is there a such thing?

I remember once going to a HUGE flea market with my Mom and Aunt. My aunt says, "Let's go over there, they're giving away free Bongs."  I said, "Do you know what a bong is?" She said no but they're free. 

Sounds like a story of how the hippie movement started, but it would look very strange as a vase on her table. Then one day it would happen, she would come in and catch you, Steve why are you smoking out of my vase ? :angry2:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dtel said:

Our office was our grandsons bedroom, he stuck about 40 glow in the dark plastic stars on the ceiling when he was little, well we stuck them he just wanted them. They are still up there, when you turn out the light they still glow, he is 19 now, must be some pretty good glow stuff ? 

There is a company who does that and it's really nice but not cheap for the better ones with shooting stars and twinkling stars.

one company

http://www.star-panels.com/

UK_home_cinema_star_ceiling.jpg

WOW  -the projector is right in the back of the room --------

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, JohnJ said:

Ah So @grasshopper !

I've seen them with and without and don't remember who had them here but I love wood especially beautiful wood. Now blacked out pro series upgraded K-Horns are awesome, but in a den sometimes blacked out isn't my glass of tea. Not knocking your well travelled LS that if I recall have that finish at all.

I even like pine when done right!

IMG-20200513-100449.jpg

that is really nice , the wood will darken with age --------

• Like 2