Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/12/2020 at 7:30 AM, DizRotus said:

Regarding @Shiva‘s speaker destroyer video post.

Are those Canadian volts about 2/3 of our real volts, eh?

the Electricity transmission lines that feed a lot of USA STATES  comes from HYDRO-QUEBEC , and you're right to say , at ,70$ -

• Like 1

brewed an afternoon pot of coffee.

Been a slug today. Wife woke with a sore throat and ..... she went to the Dr.  Nothing serious. Ear infection/s... both ears. She was relieved.... me, too.

She's napping.

I'm being quiet. Not really. I'm in the doghouse, listening to music. Quiet is .... she can't hear me making noise

I've had the house open all day. It was kinda fresh this AM... and we're only going for 80 - 85`.

Dinner is ready. Leftover tuna/noodle casserole. Works for me. I've been thinking I am gonna put a pot of [pinto] beans on. Good for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

For breakfast, I serve them with scrambled egg and tortillas.... put a dollop of cottage cheese on the beans. Salsa, if you have some. That will carry you to lunch.

Spose I should give patting tortillas a try. Too bad I don't have a big flat top. I do have cast iron pans. They will have to do. French tortillas [crepes] might be easier.There is a Hungarian version of crepes, too. The Hungarians prolly invented them...and the French claimed it. Like, we don't associate pasta with the Chinese.

• Like 6

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RANDYH said:

WOW  -the projector is right in the back of the room --------

The projector is for the screen, not the stars, not sure what you meant because they have that kind also projected to the ceiling.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

You had me until the cottage cheese.  That is one thing that i’ve never been able to tolerate.  Cottage Cheese, liver, and yogurt -- never could develop a taste. 

Your scaring me, I can not stand any of those either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

The projector is for the screen, not the stars, not sure what you meant because they have that kind also projected to the ceiling.

I figured it was a projector or a lens /light reflection shooting the image of the stars , but they are actually LED' s  , 

Oh HELLO. Need ya in my life, DIY LED fiber optic star ceiling...extreme project, but can be done, saving for a rainy day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Ear infection/s... both ears.

An hour in the dog house is the perfect cure for that garbage.  :)

This paint really is something else.  Verrrrrry strange but I like it. 

The thing that get's me now is TRYING to order a Levolor for the French doors from the dining room out to the patio.  Have all the measurements worked out but not seeing anything on the order form addressing what I want to do.  Front window was a piece of cake since this woman I know worked in that Dept @ Lowes.  Gave her the numbers and told her what I wanted and it's perfect!  Didn't shrink or anything in the 5 years it laid in here in the box.  Amazing!  It'll sort I guess.  Stores 20 miles away so want to just do it over the phone.  State prison is there and a hot spot for covid with both employees and prisoners.

Yard work today, temp's goin up and I'm ready for a break!

Mid-afternoon Cappa?  Not a bad idea actually!  :)

• Like 3

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

I figured it was a projector or a lens /light reflection shooting the image of the stars , but they are actually LED' s  , 

Yes but they also have the kind your thinking about but I think they shine everywhere walls and all, not sure.

31 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

don’t be scared ... come out of the dark and into the light. 

What is scaring me is so many things in common, ell except the ketchup thing, I like it but not to that extent, and I can not play a geeatar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes but they also have the kind your thinking about but I think they shine everywhere walls and all, not sure.

What is scaring me is so many things in common, ell except the ketchup thing, I like it but not to that extent, and I can not play a geeatar.

then just grab a guitar and make some noise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 or 12 of us old boys will be meeting for lunch at a hotdog joint about 15 miles away.  Paul's Place has been selling hotdogs since our school days.  They make their own relish which is kind of special.  So I will be cheating on the Atkin's Diet ordering 2 or 3 chili cheese dogs with relish.  Chase em down with a frosty........

LF will be at home in case FedEx delivers my new sub woofer.  A SVS PC-2000 Pro.  Looks like a small water heater......cylindrical in shape. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, sarasl01 said:

It's now raining where I am but even instant coffee satiates my craving of a warm drink while trying to relax and be productive at the same time.😌

Welcome to the forum sarasl01.  Great choice to make an early post.  We are a friendly bunch here and pass out "likes" freely.

• Like 4

Hi @sarasl01

welcome!

INSTANT coffee ?!? 

We'll have to straighten you out on that stuff. jk jk 

I'm drinking pre-made [leftover] from yesterday afternoon....

well

I'm thinking [now we're in trouble. And only one cup under my belt] wife is going in to work today.If, for no other reason, to give her secretary someone to talk to. Secretary will blow wife's phone up with texts.... I tell wife, Christina wants to talk to someone... call her.

@Tarheel

I presume that is the "decorator" model sub from SVS? How small of a water heater.... 40gal? lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Hi @sarasl01

welcome!

INSTANT coffee ?!? 

We'll have to straighten you out on that stuff. jk jk 

I'm drinking pre-made [leftover] from yesterday afternoon....

well

I'm thinking [now we're in trouble. And only one cup under my belt] wife is going in to work today.If, for no other reason, to give her secretary someone to talk to. Secretary will blow wife's phone up with texts.... I tell wife, Christina wants to talk to someone... call her.

@Tarheel

I presume that is the "decorator" model sub from SVS? How small of a water heater.... 40gal? lol 

Think "short boy" water heater.  Pics tomorrow.

• Like 4

Pretty sure you'll like that cylindrical sub Chuck. The way they're made that PC-2000 series will dig deeper than the box 2000s. Don't quite know how the phase adjustments work in a downfiring sub but those sure do look nice.. plus your speakers already look sci-fi!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

10 or 12 of us old boys will be meeting for lunch at a hotdog joint about 15 miles away.  Paul's Place has been selling hotdogs since our school days. 

Very nice, that place must be like the first ever to sell a hotdog if they have been around that long ? Love hotdogs and from a historic place like that they must be good.

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

LF will be at home in case FedEx delivers my new sub woofer.  A SVS PC-2000 Pro.  Looks like a small water heater......cylindrical in shape. 

Is this your first sub, I don't remember you ever talking about using a sub before, either way I would bet your going to like what it adds.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, sarasl01 said:

It's now raining where I am but even instant coffee satiates my craving of a warm drink while trying to relax and be productive at the same time.😌

Welcome and I agree, instant coffee is much better than no coffee, not sure about the productive part, not my specialty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3