Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

but why does he have a star on his badge?  Was Carl a good boy that day?

No one would claim he was not good as long as he was shaking his magic shaker.

The star was for first place in bringing a shaker and knowing how to use it.

The first real martini I ever had in my life was from Carl, and it was about 10 am, had to sit for a while, I'm not use to a martini breakfast.

• Haha 4

Just now, dtel said:

No one would claim he was not good as long as he was shaking his magic shaker.

The star was for first place in bringing a shaker and knowing how to use it.

The first real martini I ever had in my life was from Carl, and it was about 10 am, had to sit for a while, I'm not use to a martini breakfast.

Really?..... That's contrary to your signature that's synonymous with your name to me! :emotion-22:

But hey you can knock it off of your bucket list!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

The first real martini I ever had in my life was from Carl, and it was about 10 am

well at least you can wear that name badge to the AA meetings too. 

i can’t judge ... went camping with my hippie cousins circa 1974. I was was young teen and that was my first exposure to numerous days of drinking beer (oh yeah, i’ve NEVER drank a Miller High Life since that weekend). Anyway, these guys would get up in the morning and drink half beer, half Snappy Tom’s.  I’ve heard people refer to “tomato beer” not sure if this is what that was. My cousin’s boyfriend looked liked Alice Cooper. i remember him wearing these red, white, and blue pants once -- the ones that look like a flag. I thought that guy was so cool. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, JohnJ said:

Really?..... That's contrary to your signature that's synonymous with your name to me! :emotion-22:

But hey you can knock it off of your bucket list!

I do not drink much anymore, it was always just social but now not even social anymore, well not as much, depending. For a while I was drinking with the people from Hope at Rodney's, but they are pros and I am an amateur when I have any sense with me. But in the past I have been known to go about it a different way which does not have the bad affects of drinking.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well at least you can wear that name badge to the AA meetings too. 

i can’t judge ... went camping with my hippie cousins circa 1974. I was was young teen and that was my first exposure to numerous days of drinking beer

No AA for me, never even came close to that problem, only socially, which can also cause to do dumb things at the same time have witnesses. 

75% of the reason we used to go camping was to drink beer, and it started while cooking breakfast. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t drink any more or any less ... actually, i drink a lot less than before. no way i could keep up with my younger self. that would be dangerous. 

I do drink much less than when I was younger, it hurts to much when your older. It used to be drinking and smoking, mostly beer but I cut out the drinking part except for occasionally and rarely beer anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

No AA for me, never even came close to that problem, only socially, which can also cause to do dumb things at the same time have witnesses

one summer folks went on a trip and i stayed home alone because i had a job. didn’t know that my dad had asked a friend to come by and do some electrical work. when the folks returned, this guy comes over and brings a six-pack to repay my dad. He said, “I had a few of your beers while doing that job.”  My dad says, “I don’t drink. You must have had some of my 16-year old son’s beers.”  BUSTED.  Actually, Pops didn’t say anything to me about it.  Good thing, i was out of excuses (that never worked) like when i was 13 or 14 and my mom found cigarettes in my room. I told her that i wasn’t smoking ... i was building a smoking machine.  I wonder if she fell for it?  I didn’t get in trouble. But man, the time in Jr. High when i got all F’s on my report card -- did i ever get in trouble. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

could sleep through a thunderstorm

slept through hurricane gloria. i was in norfolk, va -- woke uo the following morning and was pissed that i’d missed it -- my first hurricane. sailed through a cyclone once -- nearly fell out of my bed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1