Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

So I’m  scrolling to the next post and you know how it works - First comes the top of a bald head, then glasses so I’m thinking it’s gonna be Carl. Then his hand wrapped around something heading to his mouth. That clinched it - yep that’s Carl - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank You Willy, but that's been over since about 2007 when someone named barry changed my insurance and stopped my every six week infusion. Had to start taking a new drug that I hate but don't have a choice it keeps me alive and disturbs my sleep. Had enough chemicals so da*n, I started taking a shot of bourbon on those nights. Can't do it like in my former life but I've not gone over two shots except one or two times and I still wasn't inebriated.

I can rationalize, know it's stinkin' thinkin' but I'm good with it!

• Like 3

You know how it goes, I brought it on myself, now I gotta pay the price!

Some people grow up

Some people just grow

Nicklebag

if you search that don't let google change bag to back, you'll end up with top40 music

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I have a question related to... hang on to your seats .... audio

Am noticing that using the sat tv as a music source, it is very bright sounding compared to CD or computer streaming. Do they tweak things?

Assume that you checked tv settings and the receiver that you're hooked up to? Good cables from tv to receiver or amp?

Somebody will know.

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thank You Willy, but that's been over since about 2007 when someone named barry changed my insurance and stopped my every six week infusion. Had to start taking a new drug that I hate but don't have a choice it keeps me alive and disturbs my sleep. Had enough chemicals so da*n, I started taking a shot of bourbon on those nights. Can't do it like in my former life but I've not gone over two shots except one or two times and I still wasn't inebriated.

I can rationalize, know it's stinkin' thinkin' but I'm good with it!

Congratulations 

• Like 2

Thank you too Eldon, that was long ago and if you've ever read the opening pages of Bill W.s book you know rock bottom took a long time to get to. That's what it took for me to be able to change. Don't think about that stuff much anymore at all.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I have a question related to... hang on to your seats .... audio

Am noticing that using the sat tv as a music source, it is very bright sounding compared to CD or computer streaming. Do they tweak things?

I think the same thing, it mostly sucks, sounds lifeless to me, flat. I tried every setting and it's not good, sat tv for movies sounds much better so I guess it's a really compressed signal I guess for other things.

For normal listening I use a laptop, I was using the headphone jack out but it did not match up well with the receiver inputs well, would have to crank yup the laptop volume to get a decent signal. So I tried HDMI out of the laptop to the receiver and the sound improved greatly for streaming music. I do subscribe @ $10 a month for no commercials and a higher bit rate, perfect no, but plenty close enough for us, considering the convince, like having a warehouse full of music in the laptop. 

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You know how it goes, I brought it on myself, now I gotta pay the price!

Some people grow up

Some people just grow

It's how it is, we always bring it in ourselves. 

I'm stuck between growing up and just growing, I am grown up enough, had to take a few steps back, to enjoy myself. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thank you too Eldon, that was long ago and if you've ever read the opening pages of Bill W.s book you know rock bottom took a long time to get to. That's what it took for me to be able to change. Don't think about that stuff much anymore at all.

Good for you, that's a tough thing you went through, many don't make it, you did good. Just never forget :emotion-21:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Bet it's calmed down a little but...

South Charlotte between Southpark and South Blvd. that's 6 miles from downtown.

Yes sir ree, Much calmer here some stiff winds Lightening & Thunder. Forced me to turn off the sounds.........................Seems like every time I get in the proper mood to really enjoy listening something comes up............................Must be that DEVIL music  (Rock n Roll)

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

Just never forget :emotion-21:

Couldn't possibly.... Not enough anesthesia when they started to put in the new filter. They must have seen my bp shoot sky high, didn't go under until after several things had already happened that are too much to type here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I had an idea for a beverage.  Carbonated coffee.  Since I am incapable of an original thought .... I bet someone has already done it.

They do nitrogen infused cold coffee here and I'm sure other places.  It gives a slight sweet carbonation feel to the coffee.  It's definitely different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

So I’m  scrolling to the next post and you know how it works - First comes the top of a bald head, then glasses so I’m thinking it’s gonna be Carl. Then his hand wrapped around something heading to his mouth. That clinched it - yep that’s Carl - 

That's quite the infatuation you have going on there.   I'm honored. 

• Haha 3