Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
2 hours ago, richieb said:

So I’m  scrolling to the next post and you know how it works - First comes the top of a bald head, then glasses so I’m thinking it’s gonna be Carl. Then his hand wrapped around something heading to his mouth. That clinched it - yep that’s Carl - 

That's quite the infatuation you have going on there.   I'm honored. 

Ok I like harassing Carl, almost as much as anyone but that guy in that video is a clown.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

There is a place about 1.5 miles from here called the Catfish Cabin, since there not open to sit down to eat they have take out. They bring it out to the car, this is one of there specials.

16 pieces of fried catfish a bunch of fries and hush puppies plus a quart of either coleslaw or potato salad and containers of tarter sauce for $28.

We have not been there in a long time so we thought we would try it, it could not have been better, we need to do this more often.

This box is bigger than it looks and is almost 5 pounds, I was so surprised how heavy it is I checked it on a kitchen scale and it's just the fried stuff. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

cNo photo description available.

Cleaning up the grill now and gonna hit it later.  Grands are coming w/the oldest daughter so gonna be fun keeping an eye on the kids.  The food will work though I'm sure.  Coffee shortly!  Can't wait!  lol

Rather than “Pencil,” the request could be, “#2 Ticonderoga.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got coffee NOW... it was ready last night....

so what if it's leftover and cold... it is COFFEE

.... and it is still better than instant

nothin' exciting today , yet

I heard there is a big party at the lake. I'll leave all the peripheral stuff out... hope they have good time and stay safe

being antisocial, I wouldn't have gone there even if there wasn't a party. If there is a crowd gathering, I'm going the opposite direction. I stay home on holidays

Wife got bombed, again, last night. not drunk bombed". If it continues, I may have to wheel her home from the bar.... No sooner than she walked in the door, the phone and things that "need" done... Was 8 before she sat down. 

reminds me of when I first started working on Kauai. 6 weeks of, "We think you might gt tomorrow off. We'll call you" I decided it was time for a day off. Went to the liquor store at 8AM. Plowed by 9 when the phone rang

went kind like this Ring Ring Ring

I pick up the phone, "Burph!!"

"Um... we're gonna give you the day off"

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, richieb said:

— That’s what she said —

That reminds me of the time we were celebrating New Year’s Eve with two other couples we’d known since college.  Early in the evening the hostess asked her husband to show a VHS tape of some recorded game.  After a few minutes she asked from the kitchen, “Did you put it in yet?”  I reflexively said, “That’s a question no man wants to hear from his wife.”  My wife was mortified.

• Haha 5

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I got coffee NOW... it was ready last night....

so what if it's leftover and cold... it is COFFEE

.... and it is still better than instant

That's terrible :lol:

But I do that almost everyday, I run out late in the evening so I make more, in the morning i nuke it. It makes no difference to me when I wake up, I'm not even alive at that point. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's terrible :lol:

But I do that almost everyday, I run out late in the evening so I make more, in the morning i nuke it. It makes no difference to me when I wake up, I'm not even alive at that point. 

I got some coffee beans from the Middle East -  Forget KONA ------this is absolutely the best  , the flavors are in spades-   they roast it to perfection

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

Just a rich clown, but there are many, think actors and many people in the music business. 

It's not just that it's not my favorite song but the dramatics as he sings it with his pretending to be sexy with his old self.  Or could it be the bald head ? :lol:

• Like 1