Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, billybob said:

ME...for a second there, thinking in Maine. Sounds like some of those me me men's only Chauvinist clubs.

,women do the same  , in me me womens feminist clubs -

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Didn't read far enough, the Moroccan is blonde... and was my favorite.

Very tasty, and not sticky like the black tar stuff!

Yes, my friend anecdotally told me as much. Just like flavors of ice cream...yum he said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, dtel said:

There is a place about 1.5 miles from here called the Catfish Cabin, since there not open to sit down to eat they have take out. They bring it out to the car, this is one of there specials.

16 pieces of fried catfish a bunch of fries and hush puppies plus a quart of either coleslaw or potato salad and containers of tarter sauce for $28.

We have not been there in a long time so we thought we would try it, it could not have been better, we need to do this more often.

This box is bigger than it looks and is almost 5 pounds, I was so surprised how heavy it is I checked it on a kitchen scale and it's just the fried stuff. 

image.jpeg

Man that looks good!

Wish we had a good fish fry around here like we did in the 70s. And geeze with portions like that you could make a catfish sandwich for lunch the next day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

And geeze with portions like that you could make a catfish sandwich for lunch the next day!

It's really more than it looks like, and yes haven't finished it yet.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

that confirms a suspicion of mine.... good hash and good flowers have about the same percentage of active ingredients.  In some circles, hash is a by-product... It's not really concentrated. Just less bulky

15 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, my friend anecdotally told me as much. Just like flavors of ice cream...yum he said.

Yes it's anecdotal, a friend.

Only one my friend had regularly was black from Afghanistan. Very good, I still remember HE SAID it was $150 an ounce and he would sell 18 grams @ $8 each and the rest was free for him. Then Russia invaded Afghanistan 1980 and it stopped, then it was what he called blonde, smelled like dog poop when it burned, terrible, it was over.

But the guy was a accident waiting to happen, trouble, but he got married, had kids and calmed down. :emotion-21:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had to make myself a "cocktail" ... coke and milk.

Kid was watching

"Grandpa, is that good?"

"Yeah. Wanna try it?"

Takes a sip and makes a bit of a face.

then back to the doghouse....

later

I go into the house.

Trying to tell wife about it... She's snickering.

Kid asked her for coke and milk..."I watched Grandpa... I know how to do it"...

told wife I didn't think she liked it... from the face she made

• Haha 3

Wow, y'all didn't have the same blonde that we had here in the early 80s. Thought ours was Lebenese anyhow. Now I'm thinking about it again! Remember Ozzy looking right at us (10 feet away) before Sabbath started Sweet Leaf last time I saw them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wow, y'all didn't have the same blonde that we had here in the early 80s. Thought ours was Lebenese anyhow. Now I'm thinking about it again! Remember Ozzy looking right at us (10 feet away) before Sabbath started Sweet Leaf last time I saw them.

Apparently not, we would joke about it reminded us of that Cheech and Chong joke, about why it smelled so bad. One told the other his dog ate his stash and he followed him around for days to get it back. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4