Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, billybob said:

The purist approach to the situation. Takes a little bit of

practice.

But if you ever did it this way you were motivated to find a way, or didn't have a pipe ? 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

But if you ever did it this way you were motivated to find a way, or didn't have a pipe ? 

Yes, someone needs to ask Carl what was his motivation. Just what was he after any how.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, someone needs to ask Carl what was his motivation. Just what was he after any how.

What he was after is the easy part to figure out.

But the way he described was common, easy and worked. No way to suck air through it as in rolled so that came about, no idea where it started. 

This is what a friend told me anyway, I was to busy helping seniors cross the street on the way to church to have time for any of that. 👼

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Islander said:

When Buddy shows up in the afternoon with his blued knives and the Bernzomatic, you know nothing useful will be done today...

I hope he is not torching the blades, it may look good but you can kiss your heat treat and edge retention goodbye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

Best post I read in years ---speak by example and people will listen -

Ya HAD to tell him that?  Geez ya just made his day.  hahahaha

2 minutes ago, moray james said:

I hope he is not torching the blades, it may look good but you can kiss your heat treat and edge retention goodbye.

Edge retention?  First time I ever heard anything about edge retention.  Just a knife to kids.  The torch was the tough thing to handle!   lolol

BTW did ya'll notice Tarheel finally rolled outta bed?  hahahahaha   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It always goes out, but I am never without a lighter.

All of that stuff is in the past for me. :mellow:

Past is so relative. Past as in 10, 5, 2 years ago? Past as in last Monday, Wednesday, Friday? Past as in last night, this morning, twenty minutes ago? Curious minds need to know ? 🗓

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, moray james said:

Cheap old dinner knives are used, not fine steel, of course.  I laughed when I saw this on TV around 1992.  It might have been Wonderful Grand Band, or some show like that.  A precursor of 22 minutes and Trailer Park Boys.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, richieb said:

Past is so relative. Past as in 10, 5, 2 years ago? Past as in last Monday, Wednesday, Friday? Past as in last night, this morning, twenty minutes ago? Curious minds need to know ? 🗓

Past as in your prime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

All of my post were in the past....this one also after I hit the submit button. :lol:

But I will tell the truth, as far as that hash subject probably a few months after 1980. As far as what that stuff is made from, let's see, what time is it ?........ probably 21 hours ago

Like someone said, all in moderation, is the key

No reason to lie, and I didn't , it's all in the past

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Talking different types of hash then dtel pops up another pic of catfish in a box then back to hash again and now none of us have any class it seems.  Works for me!  :)  

That was me bud!

I popped up with that second picture because I usually delete pics from quotes but could not after that on made my mouth water!!

• Haha 3

Five large trucks with booms & claws behind the cab and then a flatbed just went down the street, it's 7pm not much light left. They're trying to get at that giant tree that's been blocking the major through street around here since the storms Friday. Not joking this one was bigger than the one that came down there Easter morning. From an eighth of a mile west where my road crosses it it seemed like a green wall 7 or 8 feet tall down there. it's been ten almost and don't hear saws yet so I imagine they're going to get to work on it at daybreak tomorrow.

Didn't search any more since then but two folks did get killed here by trees Friday, one in his house and one driving down the road. Hundred year old oaks are heavy.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm glad you said that. I was starting to feel like a bad influence around here...

There have been more bad influences come and go around than you can shake a stick at. But it’s refreshing to think of yourself as one — 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1