Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

I believe I quoted this to another member here, forget who - 

“You drive a Ferrari when you want to be somebody; you drive a Lamborghini when you are somebody” —

where does that leave the Bentley owners?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?

da zappa won't play on my chromium....two seconds then a frown logo.

*Got it now...another Zappa that I heard in my previous life!

Orc Industries it says under the hood for maintenance see manual.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Bored so I put the poncho on and walked down there.

Yep there are stains on the seats. If the tree would have been 6' further they would have been crushed.

Nice firewood if you have a splitter, or boards if you have a sawmill.

51 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

where does that leave the Bentley owners?

Just smoothly cruising along in luxury not going anywhere in a hurry.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Got some wood delivered this morning, to replace what the termites had for lunch. It was the first time with no rain so they brought it, I had about an hour to get it under the porch and organized to still be able to get to what was needed. Started putting up the support structure and got 95% of it done, it's going well.

I know it doesn't look like much but it's 13 sheets of plywood, 8 @3/4" and 5 @1/2", a 2x12x10, 3 2x8x12 and 8 2x4x8 and 150sf or R19. 

It came from a local place and was a good bit cheaper than Home Depot even including a $25 delivery charge $473, I would rather give it to the local store anyway.

image.jpeg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Got some wood delivered this morning, to replace what the termites had for lunch. It was the first time with no rain so they brought it, I had about an hour to get it under the porch and organized to still be able to get to what was needed. Started putting up the support structure and got 95% of it done, it's going well.

I know it doesn't look like much but it's 13 sheets of plywood, 8 @3/4" and 5 @1/2", a 2x12x10, 3 2x8x12 and 8 2x4x8 and 150sf or R19. 

It came from a local place and was a good bit cheaper than Home Depot even including a $25 delivery charge $473, I would rather give it to the local store anyway.

image.jpeg

I hope you went pressure treated.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

image.jpeg

39 minutes ago, KROCK said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mornin' All

Getting light in the east.

the hours I keep, that Lambo would be more my speed.

Didn't mess around with leftover coffee this AM.  About 1/2 cup... it got dumped

No idea what happened to the boy, I wanna say the light came on. The past couple days, he has been volunteering help to his mom [to do his things ... laundry, cooking...].  It's a start.

About got the front half of the property cut/raked clean. Wife likes it. That's fine.... wonder who is gonna maintain it? It is like housekeeping and greenskeeping... notice the "keeping" part.  Why "keeping"?.... because you need to keep it how you want. It doesn't stay that way

We are/might be getting some new neighbors... Cindy and Mugger. They are family, ... great aunt and uncle to the kid. Known them for many years, no, I do not know Mugger's real name. Nice guy to be friends with.

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, KROCK said:

No just regular. I was going to and I read about that and yes termites do not eat pressure treated wood. But they said they will walk right past it to get to untreated wood. They never touched the bottom wall plate which was treated, they say unless the whole house is pressure treated it does not help to do only part. And really where the damage was is a back bedroom and the spare bedroom above it which is easy to deal with, if it would have been a different place it would have been much harder to deal with.

Plus were going to go with one of the bigger companies like Terminix or Orkin to do the yearly thing. I'm not getting any younger and will not be able to do this kind of thing forever.

• Like 4

On 5/25/2020 at 3:13 PM, dtel said:

Just to stay with the CC&C thread this is about coffee. 

My wife knows how much I like coffee so when she sees it she buys it, I had probably 3-4 bags already and the local store had it on sale yesterday so I am really stocked up now. The bags with the white on top is the new style label, what she got yesterday.

image.jpeg

saved some coffee I did not drink...

IMG_20200528_154358_hdr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2