Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

a little of both.  

Was just wondering, I tried a little wifi extender and it works great and was cheap $25. I was wondering if your was not getting a good signal outside in the yard. Just plug it in close to where you want more range but in range of you present wifi and it does everything automatically.

netgear_ex2700_100pas_ex2700_wireless_range_extender_1436679.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Was just wondering, I tried a little wifi extender and it works great and was cheap $25. I was wondering if your was not getting a good signal outside in the yard. Just plug it in close to where you want more range but in range of you present wifi and it does everything automatically.

netgear_ex2700_100pas_ex2700_wireless_range_extender_1436679.jpg

wondered if those worked. i check the speed on my laptop and in the living room it is over 300 and in the bedroom (20 feet down the hall) it was 36. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grasshopper said:

that's iced coffee... substituting ice cream for ice    Looks good

I filled the "pool" today. sat in it for a few minutes..  Sarong is still damp .... and cool 4 hour later. The material is pretty heavy/thick.   Evaporative cooling at its best. Need to make a shirt/coat/jacket from similar material.  Be careful not to get chilled in this 100`+. You can.

didn't do anything exciting today. Loafed ...after I moved  a stove and raked.... some more.

Wife went in for her "last day", this session. She's now on summer break. Still gets to go in once a week or so, as admin stuff needs.

Because we are a little slow here .... we got our got our girl scout cookies....finally. I bet the thin mints are a block of chocolate with cookie layers.

spot is buffering bad, again. turned the volume down so it wouldn't startle me when it does play. It's background noise. Can't "listen"...

My Gramp and Granny used to hang a couple of heavy canvas water bags, canteens?, off the car hood ornament on hot weather trips.

They would sweat, the bags, and it was amazing how cool the water tasted.

• Like 3

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

wondered if those worked. i check the speed on my laptop and in the living room it is over 300 and in the bedroom (20 feet down the hall) it was 36. 

Mine works fine and looks just like that one. The bar out in the yard is about 60'-70' from the wifi box in the house which  has a wall between them in metal on the outside. The wifi box inside would barely reach out there, it would cut out regularly.   I put one of those extenders in that corner of the house and now the bar get's a perfect signal, I use an Ipad out there to post here at the same time the laptop is streaming music to the speakers out there.

You plug it in and it finds the internet and connects, it shows up as the internet provider sign in info with ext for extender at the end of the letters so you know which to connect to.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Were much more South and we rarely ever see 100 degrees.

Usually there's a week or so of over 95 then a couple of over 100. Lately it's just been a day or two of 100 - 104 and that's it.

1986 or `87 over a month of 95+ then two weeks of over 100 everyday no rain for over a year that year. Worked in a warehouse... that stunk, but I was in good shape and that makes a world of difference. I didn't have 24 hour news back then and before Letterman came on I'd remember when the 11pm news started it could still be 100 then drop to double digits at 11:20 when the weatherman came on. That stands as the worst I've ever experienced! Even being in FL for 105 working outside wasn't as bad.

The June heat and humidity around here used to make the Magnolia blossom smell stick to me when I was out and about. They are busting out right now, when it quits raining I'll smell `em right when I go outside!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, billybob said:

PBR is the best but, going to have an old Newcastle Brown Ale instead.

Got a case of Modelo on hand ... 12 Especial and 12 Negra --- wait make that 20 Especial and 12 Negra.  

I think i’ll take the night off though ... had cocktails three nights in a row. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, NADman said:

My Gramp and Granny used to hang a couple of heavy canvas water bags, canteens?, off the car hood ornament on hot weather trips.

They would sweat, the bags, and it was amazing how cool the water tasted.

was driving back from PuertoPenasco w/o A/C. A wet towel on my head was too cold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

a buck thirty

Wow, if we glue two of you together and you held 3-4 pounds we would weigh the same. :sad: I could lose about 30 pounds, I did a few years ago and I could actually see stomach muscles, they were buried for many many years and now for sure.

• Haha 3