Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

more like dumb and resistant

We did a family tree thing many years ago. They say my people were iron workers

oh you said a bad word ... family tree.  We had one. It was a large tree and the family member names were written on the apples on the tree. 

My name was on an apple that had a worm.  I was told this was unintentional -- HA!  adopted kids can sense stuff like this. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Names can change ... when my grandfather came to the USA his last name was Filipe. The folks at Ellis Island wrote down Philips. He couldn’t read or write English, so he just copied that. All of his descendants became Philips instead of Filipe. 

A humorous story about my Granddad .... my cousin lived in the same town as him. One day she was at the grocery store and saw him on the pet food aisle. Knowing that he didn’t have a pet she went to help him. He said that my grandma sent him to the store to get a can of tuna. He was standing in front of the cat food. The cans were the same size and shape as the tuna and had a picture of a fish on the label. 

We laughed wondering how many times they ate cat food sandwiches thinking it was tuna.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you weren’t fooling ... tried to look up your name and got this:

Luquet Surname

The meaning of this surname is not listed.

The family tree has few branches. 

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

when I first looked at the name, I thought it said Loquat... that is a fruit

Well my dad did call my sisters x that but no, I have never had a teacher pronounce it correctly, it was usually closer to liquid, I never bothered to correct anyone.  It is pronounced Lu ket, now add my first name and you see why I never corrected anyone, just say hey you and point, close enough.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

`Morning @KROCK

68 at 7:30 here think it might just feel like May by lunchtime today. Made a resolution to myself last night to start doing some calisthenics in the morning until I can break out the old weights and do what I can without the long gone bench.

So got half a mug of coffee down, have folded one load of laundry, done the 6am Rx/nutrition for my patient and only looked at that book with the instructions laid out. 1/3 of the mug left.. I'll get moving here when it's gone and I've got the refill to look forward to for my reward.

Geeze my self discipline must have evaporated... gotta get it back. & NOW!

• Haha 3

@dirtmudd

Looks good but I couldn't eat like that except once a month. Got that low rung set of exercises done and it did raise my bp a good bit. That means this won't be like when I was a teen and went hard at it and could see my arms and legs blow up almost overnight. Won't be doing the weights until the end of summer is my guess. Had my second mug reward already too!

Geeze, bribing myself..... guess if it works what the heck?

• Like 4

Still a little "sticky" from the rain yesterday. Didn't get enough to do any real good beside cool it down.  That 20` drop was appreciated. When I say "sticky", it is not over 40%r/h.  

I got up "late"... 4:30. Already getting light on the horizon. Temp?...60ish.

We have swallows nesting. One chick died. The other is ready to fledge. The other day I went to check on things....Our 1 and 3 other beginner fliers. Are the swallows bringing them by to feed my cats?  We have 8. And they are most interested in a squab dinner.

I'm seeing a pair of CF-2 in Phoenix for $300. Down from $340.

• Like 3