Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

HI -Mudd , sure liked this video , I've been to Egypt and I've tasted a few sweet beers they make the old fashion way ,  the Egyptians drink everything with sugar ,  tea-coffee-beer as they eat pastries with beer -

the closest beer to the Egyptian old fashion sweet beer , I ever drank was called LAZIZA -it was brewed in Lebanon  by Almaza ,in the 60's --70- early 80's , but it no longer exists as the Laziza ia now  a non-alcoholic beer  sold all over the ME and Almaza is now owned by Heineken - 

-I make a sweet beer at home  , and it tastes like a Stella-Artois with a tiny hint of sugar  -

-https://oct.co/travel/beirut-lebanon-middle-east-craft-beer-capital

• Like 5

Good Morning All! 48 deg. @ 6am. Projected going to a sunny 70 deg. today. Ah Spring.

It might just be snowing @ Mikes place this morning. On my 2nd cup. Loving this quarantine !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mornin' All

That's about what our low should be...

Into my 3rd or 4th cup. Been up since 2. Don't know why.

Exciting news

Wife is scheduled to get her cataract surgery done in a couple weeks. Going in next week for a pre-op and then a week later #1 gets done... 2 weeks after, the other.

I bet I don't look as good afterwards. Not that I am particularly good looking to start.... I have to rely on charm and wit.

Only thing I am not looking forward to, is sitting in the car, waiting. This is not the time of year to sit in a car. 100` is average for June.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

damn bottomless coffee cup

empty

Mornin' all

Good coffee this AM.

Guess I'll be doing housework today. Wife is going to the school. Think it is more of a visit with her secretary.

Been some concern about schools and the present situation...The size of the school makes it fairly easy to comply with reopening standards. They have 20 students, total - K- 8...in a good year. 

Don't do much cleaning when she is home. Not because I expect her to do it... I prefer to clean the house when nobody is around to dirty it before I finish. Plus, I can get obnoxious as I want with loud music. Got hear it over the shop vac, ya know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Think it is more of a visit with her secretary.

If that was you at work you would get in trouble, double standard it appears. :lol:

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Got hear it over the shop vac, ya know.

Glad I'm not alone, I have used the shop vac at times. the vacuum is just as noisy but you have to go over rugs a few times and does not do as well on hard floors. I know when I catch under furniture or corners with the shop vac it is picking up everything. Either way I don't like doing it but like when it's done.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, grasshopper said:

Wife is scheduled to get her cataract surgery done in a couple weeks.

A son in law had it done, first time in many years he does not need glasses.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Well reasonably clean, not like were clean freaks. Clean is one thing, neat and orderly with everything in it's place, not so much. I hate going into a house that looks like no one lives there and it's ready for a photo shoot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

that's me

someone might think I like cleaning the house

uh... NO!

I like a clean house

if you want to make some extra dough -- my house could use a good cleaning. Just stay 6 feet away from me and all of my possessions, i don’t know where all you’ve been ... after all, like out mother’s said (and Cheap Trick sung) “you’ll never know what you’ll catch.”  (just joking of course my friend). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Well reasonably clean, not like were clean freaks. Clean is one thing, neat and orderly with everything in it's place, not so much. I hate going into a house that looks like no one lives there and it's ready for a photo shoot.

yep

clean and comfortable, not sterile

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

if you want to make some extra dough -- my house could use a good cleaning. Just stay 6 feet away from me and all of my possessions, i don’t know where all you’ve been ... after all, like out mother’s said (and Cheap Trick sung) “you’ll never know what you’ll catch.”  (just joking of course my friend). 

only one catch

you have to be out while I'm working... and I need the keys to the stereo

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

you have to be out while I'm working

let me see if i understand you ... go out, effectively a suicide mission with this virus if i want a clean house?  

I guess i can go out and look for a new place to live because if you let these cornwalls breathe while you clean -- i’m sure i’ll get an eviction notice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Probably some Indonesian junk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2