Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

if you want to make some extra dough -- my house could use a good cleaning. Just stay 6 feet away from me and all of my possessions, i don’t know where all you’ve been ... after all, like out mother’s said (and Cheap Trick sung) “you’ll never know what you’ll catch.”  (just joking of course my friend). 

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

And you’re still alive?

I exercise them regularly. Not that loud normally

... but I have run them at 7.  That is getting loud... concert level

still no complaints from the neighbor. Only have one, less than a block away.

Now, one of you is gonna tell me not turn turn it up over 5 .... and to get more amp, so I don't have to.

@BigStewMan.

Yeah, I bet your neighbors would notice my presence.

Good morning all!

Since it's June, I spose I should stop whining about 100`. It's normal... now. At least we don't get 90% r/h to go with it.

Drinking cold coffee. Closed up the house for the day. Just waiting for the fun to start.

• Like 3

Done for now

100` outside. No reason to go out there.  Maybe move a hose and douse myself.

Was waiting for PerryMason to come on... watching the end of a Lone Ranger... Clayton Moore was not in this episode.

Who was that masked man?

Wife went to Tucson... to get the taxes done and visit her sister.  We tend to owe... I gave her my card to pay for it. "Visit her sister" may lead to an overnight. Told wife to give me an early notice, if she's not coming home. Doesn't bother my for her to overnight. I just wanna know before I prepare dinner. Only a few things I like as leftovers. Spaghetti, chili, lasagna come to mind. Especially lasagna.

I make a 9 X 9 and 9 X 13 pan when I make it. For some reason, I can't seem to make anything less than a gallon of sauce. I did get a "lasagna pan"... 9 X 13 and 3" deep. That stops overflows. Still have to make a 9 X 9.

How many of you pre-cook the pasta?

I don't. Just make the sauce a little juicy or add a little water before baking...

I make enough of a mess. One less pan is one less pan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I pre cook it for mine but your right, I only clean `cause I don't like things to stay dirty. Heck things just get that way going in and out a lot. So one less pan to wash is good.

Putting a dent in that darn bacon I bought in bulk a couple of months ago. Cooked a pound and made that hashbrown casserole that is like Cracker Barrel's. When I've reheated it I crumble some on the plate put the casserole on top, and that's a whole meal in my book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Pre cook also but don't see why it wouldn't work if there is enough sauce.

That bacon thing sounds really good, I love hash browns and bacon would only make it better.

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Was waiting for PerryMason to come on... watching the end of a Lone Ranger... Clayton Moore was not in this episode.

Who was that masked man?

Man times are hard in the desert, if your down to watching those, although some are pretty good. PM always found a way to work it out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Done for now

100` outside. No reason to go out there.  Maybe move a hose and douse myself.

Who was that masked man?

Wife went to Tucson... to get the taxes done and visit her sister.  We tend to owe... I gave her my card to pay for it. "Visit her sister" may lead to an overnight. Told wife to give me an early notice, if she's not coming home. Doesn't bother my for her to overnight. I just wanna know before I prepare dinner. Only a few things I like as leftovers. Spaghetti, chili, lasagna come to mind. Especially lasagna.

I make a 9 X 9 and 9 X 13 pan when I make it. For some reason, I can't seem to make anything less than a gallon of sauce. I did get a "lasagna pan"... 9 X 13 and 3" deep. That stops overflows. Still have to make a 9 X 9.

How many of you pre-cook the pasta?

I don't. Just make the sauce a little juicy or add a little water before baking...

I make enough of a mess. One less pan is one less pan

Only 90 here right now, at 4:30. Have 50% RH, though... supposed to get some rain tomorrow, but I have my doubts.

• Like 3

I tried in the oven once.

That was enough, cleaning the stovetop and backsplash and counter is easier.

Lately I'm dumping it in a frying pan that is about six inches tall it's a Lodge casserole 6 qt. Dump the lb in all at once separate it and stir occasionally....med-low heat takes a while.

No excessive cleanup unless it's time to season the iron.

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
11 hours ago, KROCK said:

Good Morning! Thinking of taking a ride and surprising Mike (dirtb+g). We will see..... 

Bring coffee and you'll be fine. 

And when your there don't call him dirtbag, he probably won't like that. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1