Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Fried some chicken and made mashed/gravy.

i haven’t had that in years ... sounds really good. i’m a huge potato guy. actually, i’m the type of guy that likes to just mix everything together and slap it on a piece of bread. 

i can’t cook chicken on account of me being afraid of raw chicken meat. if i tried, i’d have to disinfect the counters and take two showers. I can touch raw beef (not hamburger) and fish; but hamburger, chicken, and pork scare me. yeah, i’m strange. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

The sun made its intention clear to any exposed skin. Best I can describe it is searing.

I hate being out in the sun to work on something, it feels 3x as hot.

I wear a straw hat to give me some shade, I might look stupid but am a little cooler, wetting it helps. My skin does not like the sun either, or just the amount i exposed it to overall, have all kinds of skin problems from it. My skin doctor told me "well it looks like your past your modeling years" and she laughed when I told her, uh yea.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yeah, i’m strange. 

Well you know if would wouldn't admit things like that we would probably think you less strange.

I would imagine killing and cleaning a chicken would be out of the question ? :unsure2:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i haven’t had that in years ... sounds really good. i’m a huge potato guy. actually, i’m the type of guy that likes to just mix everything together and slap it on a piece of bread. 

i can’t cook chicken on account of me being afraid of raw chicken meat. if i tried, i’d have to disinfect the counters and take two showers. I can touch raw beef (not hamburger) and fish; but hamburger, chicken, and pork scare me. yeah, i’m strange. 

you're a perfect candidate for the new ------vegetable meat , the beyond patty  or hamburger , no chance of any microbes or salmonella  etc -------- , we buy it , it's all vegetables mixed with spices ,  great to eat , a bit spicy   cook it on a pan , a few minutes and serve ,if you like ketchup - wow ------

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

We had chickens and raised a couple hogs a year, never really had a problem with it, but they were food from the beginning, laying chickens so the eggs. Use to fish at least every weekend so we ate alot of fish, I love fish.

I remember when i was a little kid helping my dad kill and clean chickens we raised.

But you have to realize when i was little if you went to the corner grocery store there were wooden crates lined up outside the store with chickens ducks and rabbits. You picked one out, if you wanted it butchered you brought it inside and there was a small charge, or you brought it home live and tied up.

• Like 3

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

this sarong stays wet for several hour in our [lack of] humidity. I've given myself brain freeze from wetting a hat. Too much cool.

Sounds like your built for the desert, I wish we could cool off like that in the summer it would be easier. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, RandyH said:

opening  a can of tuna is easier

And much cheaper, but redfish trout and flounder is much better, well unless you can catch real tuna. I don't know what they do tuna in a can to make it like that, it's nothing like real tuna........I eat the can stuff also.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RandyH said:

it's all vegetables mixed with spices

Not really. Not in the sense it is carrots and beans and sprouts chopped up and pressed into a patty. They are highly processed foods, with lots of sodium. They have about the same nutrition good and bad as similar sized beef patties.

Don't get me wrong I buy them, cook them and eat then. The look and texture compared to more traditional veggie burgers is nothing short of amazing. They are perfect for the lunk head who pounds his chest and says I only eat meat and potatoes.

If you think they are healthy or good for you. You better think again.

The vegan meat substitutes are made from mixtures of pea protein isolates, rice protein, mung bean protein, canola oil, coconut oil, and other ingredients like potato starch, apple extract, sunflower lecithin, and pomegranate powder

Not the type of stuff you grab in the produce aisle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out of all that the last couple of pages.

? Maui Wowi!

Colombia has GREAT dirt & my favorite coffee too!

Those big straw hats.....

the ignorant might chuckle, but they let any breeze through, reflect the sunlight and shade from it too.

& Brees, damn I loved you man, remember Joe Montana throwing like that when I was in fourth grade. You were right with your first statement, LA has probably loved you since the hurricane.

You're in the pile with hollyweird now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rplace said:

lots of sodium.

My Friend ,  I hear you ,  it also has a lot of pepper and flavorings   -we buy the beyond vegetables for our  kid who can't  eat  " burgers "    we soak it to remove the sodium and so far so good

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dtel said:

unless you can catch real tuna

there was a time when I got tired of ahi. Not junk ahi ... sashimi grade.

I used to go blue water fishing once a week.... and then family matters dictated I come back to the mainland. Still here, 22 years later.

Not as warm today. It's trade off. 95` and wind. That's a little to high to call it a warm breeze. Not very comforting.The sun didn't have that searing quality, though. That was def better. The 88` that I have the [doghouse] A/C set to still feels good.

I'm about to play frisbee with this computer. Trying to stream music today.... hissing and sputtering, one channel fading in and out. Prolly should look into clearing cookies and do it w/o wiping my passwords.  Getting rid of some clutter may help? I don't wanna have to buy a computer.

the school gets rid of old [3 or 4 years] computers. Might look into snagging one exclusively for streaming music.

If I do pay spotify to upgrade, will that improve the quality? I'm still on the free side. Glad they aren't obnoxious about their commercials.  They could have a squawk siren for 25 seconds and then say "Isn't it worth $10/month to not hear that?"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dtel said:

Sounds like your built for the desert, I wish we could cool off like that in the summer it would be easier. 

you can... you don't have the weather to do it there, though  Our R/H is very low. Right now, hanging the sheets on the clothesline is near futile. They are dry before you get them hung up.

• Like 2

in my aging years, my body doesn't like the extreme heat. Whenever I'm in the desert and it's super hot, I stay inside with the A/C.  But, I will tell you nothing beats a hot sumner desert night. 

Staying outside all night, no shirt, wearing shorts and never getting the slightest bit chilly. When the low is 75, you just enjoy it because you know by 10 the next morning, it's going to be 25-30 degrees warmer. 

I miss it. 

• Like 2

It is never that warm in the AM here. The cold nights can catch you off guard. Have to tell the kids to take a sleeping bag when they overnight at the lake.

Tucson will have temps like you describe. It's 10 -15` warmer in the AM. Highs are only a few [5 or so] degrees cooler here.

• Like 1

I have seen extremes in my life ... hottest I recall has been 115 and the coldest minus 27.  (not on the same day). 

I remember years ago when I was living in the High Desert of California, they said on the news that we had something like 100 CONSECUTIVE days of 90+ degrees. 

• Like 2