Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

You like your sarong and I am comfortable in old hospital scrubs.  So comfy.

Had some of those a long time ago, very comfortable.

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

with a months growth of facial hair and nearly four months without a hair cut.

I'm on a 5 year plan...  I'm 2 or 3 years in...

That made me think of Jim Hunter, he has been married over 40 years, his wife Becky says she has never seen him shaved.

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Plus, she looks better in them than I look in mine.

I have never seen her in them but I could have told you that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The idea of drinking water fresh from the clouds appeals.   Anyone hear capture rain water for drinking? How safe is it? 

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It depends on what was in the air at the time.

Exactly it's being filtered through thousands of feet of air, and maby that bird sitting on the edge of the roof above you.

• Haha 3

my buddy in Australia has a cistern. Made good coffee. A little soap goes a long way, too.

Speaking of water...

they must have caught me in a soft moment. I paid for a commercial water hookup to Virginia's Taco Stand.  No complaints. I'm sure she took dirty lickins' these past couple months. I'll bet no PPP or any supplements from the govt beside her stimulus check.

My good deed for the year. It will show as a donation to the water co-op. Might see some of my recipes at her stand...

Pretty nice out. Thought I should be sweating. Took the wheelbarrow and gathered a load of rocks and sand and gravel. Gathering the rock is almost easier than stacking it in the column basket. I can get my hand/arm thru this no-climb fencing, to arrange the stones. Told you, I am thin/skinny.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Is nothing safe in this world?😀  

was gonna post the opening of The Tuxedo... showing a waterfall, pristine water

.... a deer drinking from the stream at the base of the waterfall and then peeing in it.

but, they edited it out

reminded of the WC Fields line

Never drink water... fish fornicate in it

• Haha 3

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

was gonna post the opening of The Tuxedo... showing a waterfall, pristine water

.... a deer drinking from the stream at the base of the waterfall and then peeing in it.

but, they edited it out

reminded of the WC Fields line

Never drink water... fish fornicate in it

Reminds me of when went hiking in the mountains in East Tennessee, on the trail it ran along a great looking stream at one point. It was hot so I bent down to feel how cool the water was thinking it looks so clean I should drink some. But I decided not to and we kept walking, about 300' further there was a dead deer laying mostly in the stream. I will never forget that and only drink from a stream or waterway if it is an emergency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A person can drink some pretty nasty water, after you get "accustomed" to it. I wonder if the visitors from Mexico get UncleSam'sRevenge?

Here's a little irony...

The place I ever had problems with water was in the high Rockies of CO.  Don't think I got away from a toilet for a week.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

A person can drink some pretty nasty water, after you get "accustomed" to it. I wonder if the visitors from Mexico get UncleSam'sRevenge?

Here's a little irony...

The place I even had problems with water was in the high Rockies of CO.  Don't think I got away from a toilet for a week.

Nothing like Brooklyn, N.Y water!!!!

• Haha 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I have considered it. We get 20in of precip, in a good year. Didn't seem worth the effort. Pretty much stopped all of the runoff from the property

I doubt it would be worth it, with the heat and low humidity and only 20 inches of rain the time between rains could be a while. You would have to filter out the dust and dirt off the roof between rains it would add it to the water, it would have alot of minerals. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KROCK said:

Nothing like Brooklyn, N.Y water!!!!

Didn't someone bottle it at one time ? I know they did from somewhere you not think would be good.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

So, it is gently raining out here in California, I am leaning out a window, elbows on the sill,  coffee cup in hand, enjoying the sight of little droplets falling from out of the sky, splashing into my cup.  The idea of drinking water fresh from the clouds appeals.   Anyone hear capture rain water for drinking? How safe is it?

You would need a filter station ,  not a big deal --------

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Didn't someone bottle it at one time ? I know they did from somewhere you not think would be good.

No SH*T, When I go back there, all I do is drink water from the tap.🤪

• Like 1