Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Yuuuuuuuuup, didn't he die???  I know something was going on w/him but can't remember what it was.

I think he is alive still. a few years ago, he was paralyzed from multiple sclerosis. not sure of his current condition.  I do remember this:  "Hi then and hello again, Paraquat Kelley here with the late breaking news and views ..."  Loved the gang at the mighty met. Saw Cynthia Fox a couple of times -- once was next to her in line to get into a concert. 

• Like 2

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

"Here's Your Sign" @dtel

& I loved Robert D Raeford  way before I even turned twenty!

* I'd completely forgotten paraquat until just now

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

but but but

we likes to burn da bush

Gonna be a pay back for the nice weather. Temps are back in the low 100's. 106` Fri.   Of course it will be. That is the day I will have to sit in the car waiting, while the wife is in the Dr's. It will prolly exceed expectation because I'm out.

• Like 3

when one my kids was about six years old, she was walking with her sisters to the local store by the house. She stepped on what appeared to be a mound of dirt on the side of the road (no sidewalks) but, it was a pile of burning leaves that someone had just thrown some dirt on and then left retreated to their house about 30 yards off the road. She steps on this and sinks into the still red-hot ashes. She had these rubber sandals on and they melted. Good thing her sister quickly pulled her out before she suffered burns elsewhere -- it was all contained to one foot. 

She was screaming in pain except when her foot was in Ice water. she had to go to the hospital everyday for about a week for them to scrape the burns (think they said it was to prevent infection) but it was a painful process. I never felt so helpless. 

• Sad 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

It's madness, or MAD.  It's not a game.

Just depends on how much you worry about it, either way people can be crazy if they want, it's not all that new, just a little less sneaky these days.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I know you don't give a poop; but you should have used to word "too" instead of "to."   Hope I'm not bothering you.

Things like that don't even make my list, not really sure which direction it will go anyway ?

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

"Here's Your Sign" @dtel

I believe it 100%, and anyway it's a little late in the game to change it now, the damage is done. But your right I need to make a sign to go in the bar with that, and maby a t-shirt, good idea.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

* I'd completely forgotten paraquat until just now

I did also, it's been a long time ago, effects of paraquat or old age memory, we'll go with the paraquat. :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

we'll go with the paraquat. :P

my 2cents  and it's not a joke   , a neighbor sprayed his entire grass to get rid of dandelion ,he'd pull them out by the roots  , aerate ,  and make holes and refill with grass , and he'd swear all year long , no matter what he did , spring time and fall , his grass  was full of it ----- so he calls me ,  check this out , no more dandelion , I sprayed  the entire area with this anti weed chemical  ,   aint that stuff great   , now I look at the lawn    , there is no more dandelion , but there is also no more grass either  ------🥳

• Haha 3

• Moderators

I like to use weed and feed around the house but not out far out in the yard it's on it's own. around the house it's mixed St Augustine and Centipede i think, I went to get weed and feed and found it's two different ones and each will kill the other type of grass. So to not lose sections i just used triple 13, depending it could have been bad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago???

What you doing up at that time? Sounds like my schedule ...

Another AM in the high 40's... headed for 100`

Wife is at her leisure today. I don't have to prod her into going/doing things. She made it home in good shape, yesterday.  She didn't go shopping with her sisters. Thank you!. They make her look like a power shopper. They have to look at every item in the store... I mean EVERY...Make a day of going to wally. I stop shopping when I have what I want... not them. They treat shopping like taking inventory.

I thing the words "taking inventory" have to be the two most beloved words in business. lol

@DizRotus

your friends/family are not close to the fire, I hope? It's up Pima Canyon/Pusch Ridge, on the west end of the mountains.

I'm gonna have to get the vac out here, to the doghouse. Been a hatch of DaddyLongLegs... Little spiders all over the place, along with "cobwebs" from them. I tend to let some be. Living fly paper. Well... maybe not flies... mozzies and gnats. That is fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

@DizRotus

your friends/family are not close to the fire, I hope? It's up Pima Canyon/Pusch Ridge, on the west end of the mountains.

I think you had a typing error or have me confused with someone else.  I live in Southeast Michigan, but I do have s niece in Northern California.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

didn't you attend a wedding in Tucson ? I remember you were in the area. or did I?

Yes; your memory is excellent.  A nephew and his bride got married in Tucson, but they live in SLC.  Her family is from Tucson and we have friends in Tucson.  I was unaware of fires in that area.  I hope everyone in that area stays safe.

• Like 3