Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

Do we have to see this?

We all should get a toaster for that.

WhoTF uses a toaster anymore ?

Ok so I'm old, what are all the cool kids using to make toasted bread ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, richieb said:
7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I was gonna say something... it's gone now.

Same thing happens to me on occasion - I was gonna “do” something - oops, it gone now —

It happens to me a few times a week, I will come inside or go to a different room  and just stand there trying to figure out what I came in to get or do. 

• Like 5

uh huh

I retrace my steps, thinking it will spark something.

..or BS until it comes back...

the other day, wife and i were talking and I was going on about a friend.... and I couldn't remember her name.  phone #, yes.

the Bighorn Fire [in Tucson] is getting some attention. Evacuations have been ordered. They can't/don't want to put people on the ground to fight it. Too rugged.  For now, it's an aerial attack.

the fire down here... doesn't appear they are taking action. Unless "monitoring it" constitutes doing something.

I see they are coming out with a range of skin tone bang aids.  180` shift from ones with characters and big bright colors.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I see they are coming out with a range of skin tone bang aids.  180` shift from ones with characters and big bright colors.

Well yea, it's a big deal, like the most important thing, if you do the right thing or be a responsible person can not possibly be as important, even what generation your from is at the top of the list.

For me I would need a bandage that looks like it was drug behind a truck like the rest of me for it to blend in. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Ok, will be back some time around the middle of next week, unless I post on the IPad ?

Arkansas, to visit friends and do some work on a 99 year old building, not much work, I am really tired. I can't get used to this being old thing, it wears me out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dtel said:

I am really tired. I can't get used to this being old thing, it wears me out.

Man, do I get that. 12 days into quitting nicotine after 60 years and I am going through hell. Getting old isn't for *******.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Wife had some fun yesterday. She went shopping. Her Dr visit was about 1/2 hour... then she went spending.Bought a bunch of knick knack stuff... A door mat, kid toys/clothes... just a bunch of little things. Canister/s enough for our 20 kilos of flour...

No... I dinna go. 4 hours is too much for me. Would've found me napping on one of the benches in wally.

She has to take a covid test before her surgery. Might be interesting to see if we have or haven't had it. I suspect that we have been exposed/had it already. We were all sick as dogs thru the holidays. I was down for a month.. We will see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mallette said:

Man, do I get that. 12 days into quitting nicotine after 60 years and I am going through hell. Getting old isn't for *******.

I'm glad I quit over 40 years ago. Cold turkey...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mallette said:

Hang in there Dave.  You will quit smoking, just try to be alive when you do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I'm glad I quit over 40 years ago. Cold turkey...

Bruce,

Do you still crave tobacco?  I have friends who quit but still, after many years, feel a desire for a cigarette.  

Addictions are hard to shake.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Bruce,

Do you still crave tobacco?  I have friends who quit but still, after many years, feel a desire for a cigarette.  

Addictions are hard to shake.

Not really. I smoked about 1 1/2 packs a day, mostly in a social setting or at work. Was working as a tv new photog, spent time waiting outside of courts, driving to next assignment, etc. In retrospect  I had it easy, but just decided to stop. It was before any of the kids were born.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1