Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Agree with you 1000% there. If you want to snuff cravings short term get Chantix, it does it with biochemistry.

Don't get anywhere nicotine in any form if you have been off for at least 3 days. Not patch, not vape, not dip/snuss, and for sure don't fool yourself into thinking (well if I just smoke a cigar that won't count). 

Drinking, talking on phone, driving, after meals, coffee will be the big triggers. Work around those, Avoid alcohol first few weeks, buy a new car you don't want to smell, etc. If you alter the behavior ahead of time, like a 10 minute walk after every meal, it's easy to break those, and it's 100x easier if you are on Chantix for 3 to 6 months after quit date.

Travis

Sent you PM.

Not a drinker. So, I'm not surprised to see brands I'm not familiar with.

Mornin' All,

Today is the first [official] day of monsoon. Used to be meteorological standards to judge the start... 54` dew point for 3 days... Now it's the June 15 whether/weather or not..  Both whether and weather work, so....

Starting to feel like monsoon. "Warm" last night.... in the low/mid 60's.

SIL [the X factor] landed herself in the hospital. Crashed her moped... don't ask. We don't know....Single vehicle incident.

Her BF bought it for her. He has no sense, either. She should not be operating a motor vehicle...She can get hurt walking. No mechanisation needed.

those CW on [Tucson] CL reappeared.... price went from $700 to $1400 and are gone. Been watching a pair of RB81 II in Phoenix. They seem awful proud of them, $450 ....and a pair of RB25 II for $200. Still half looking to upgrade the doghouse sounds system.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/13/2020 at 11:13 PM, RandyH 000 said:

That's  the same for everybody who quits ,  remember that anytime it  becomes intolerable  and you need the cig  , go ahead and smoke just to get over the craving ,  then  stop again , and take it 1 day at a time -  eventually , it will pass completely ,

Tempting, but no cigar. I am not quitting cigarettes. Ditched my two pack a day habit 25 years ago but succumbed to cigarillos. Smoke far less of them, but still too much. Day 15 now and  the 14th day was another violent nicotine counterattack I almost lost. However, this AM has been a bit better. The war goes on...

Dave

• Like 7

• Moderators
16 hours ago, NADman said:

Disagree with you 1000%.  Vape!  Cheap and easy. Doesn't make you, your car or clothes stink. No more rattle cough.

No side effects like- never sleep again or thoughts of suicide (Chantix-"Wellbutrin")

50 yrs of tobacco habit completely  beat by Vape 12 years ago. Good luck.

It's a rationalization. It's a nicotine habit. Read the warnings, Worse yet, read the studies. Is it better than smoking, I don't know. Is it good for you, no nicotine is.

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

I'm surprised I didn't die at an early age from second hand smoke.

How many of us are surprised to have lasted this long? And I think we are surprised to have survived youth. And then the things some of our friend died from.  I lost a friend going for a golf ball that hit the water hazard. ... electrocuted by a faulty pump. 

life is inherently dangerous.  We ARE going to die from something.

Smile    laugh

it is good for you... whatever is wrong or getting old/worn

laughing might be painful if you have cracked ribs....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mallette said:

The war goes on...

Dave

Dave -my Friend ,  yeah , cigarillos are cool ,  I don't blame you one bit - healing your lungs  is going very  well so far ,   every added  day that goes by  , you will feel a lot better - Randy

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

It's a rationalization. It's a nicotine habit. Read the warnings, Worse yet, read the studies.

Vaping , what a joke ,  they friggin vape like a locomotive stack-C'mon ,who are they kidding ---the lung damage in some cases  is permanent  -

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Never tried it.  Never saw it in a store in Michigan.

Made in Canada  ,  you will find it Canadian Duty Free shops before entering USA Customs at any Port of Entry -

4 hours ago, Mallette said:

Day 15 now and  the 14th day was another violent nicotine counterattack I almost lost

but you didn't and now know you can win -- and recognize with each day, you're getting stronger not weaker. build on this victory. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mallette said:

Tempting, but no cigar. I am not quitting cigarettes. Ditched my two pack a day habit 25 years ago but succumbed to cigarillos. Smoke far less of them, but still too much. Day 15 now and  the 14th day was another violent nicotine counterattack I almost lost. However, this AM has been a bit better. The war goes on...

Dave

Good luck with that Dave. 

& remember it will be rough for a while after you quit. My mother quit in the 80s after two packs a day since I was a kid and smoking from the mid 50s on. The tar and nicotine in your lungs will come out. Not trying to scare you if you didn't know, I'll second what @BigStewMan stated. After all of that she felt great and started swimming for exercise almost immediately.

2 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

Dave -my Friend ,  yeah , cigarillos are cool ,  I don't blame you one bit - healing your lungs  is going very  well so far ,   every added  day that goes by  , you will feel a lot better - Randy

Precisely the problem. Enjoyed them far more than cigarettes and would smoke on a single one for several hours in 1 minute or less sessions, then put it in my little airtight tube. Usually smoke a whole one in the AM with my newspaper and coffee out at the patio table...and that  includes in a heavy coat in the winter. I do not want to quit! Doing it for my health and social reasons...

Anyway, today MUCH better than yesterday as I am doing CAD drawings of water distribution systems for an interactive course I am developing for my AF job. Extremely focusing and I only have briefly thought about it when I get up to pee or whatever. Just grabbed a bunch of Jolly Ranchers, Tootsie pops, and Werther's hard candies and put them by my workstation. They help quite a bit when I get the urge. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good luck with that Dave. 

& remember it will be rough for a while after you quit. My mother quit in the 80s after two packs a day since I was a kid and smoking from the mid 50s on. The tar and nicotine in your lungs will come out. Not trying to scare you if you didn't know, I'll second what @BigStewMan stated. After all of that she felt great and started swimming for exercise almost immediately.

Thanks. I've spread this effort on FB, here, and in person as I want maximum pressure to win the war.

Dave

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

Vaping , what a joke ,  they friggin vape like a locomotive stack-C'mon ,who are they kidding ---the lung damage in some cases  is permanent  -

'In some cases.'  C'mon.  

uh huh

You see the anti-vape ads and that kid blowing as big a cloud as he could. I've seen fog machines that didn't make that much

......... too much like the anti-drug films in school. And about as effective

Vapes have a place...if they help, good

If you aren't a smoker... do not vape.

My public service announcement for the day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NADman said:

'In some cases.'  C'mon.  

for years we watched tobacco adds saying cigarettes were good for us ,  will vapers contract lung diseases ?  less or more than cigarettes ?  who knows -

Never cared about any of that kind of stuff.

One tokes through ice water in that brushed aluminum bong.

"That's the Ticket"

I could see that extra green in the sense soon afterwards I tell ya :lol:

Now the only Colombian I get is what's in the bottom of my mug right now.

Have a good one guys, it dropped to 59 yesterday with lots of misty rain since.

It would be invigorating except for getting so wet out there!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I was aware of nectar bearing flowers having a "signature" in UV that insects [bees in particular] can see. When I think about it... makes sense that hummers see it too. Wonder if their feathers put on a show under UV...

https://www.howplantswork.com/2008/11/30/flowers-what-you-see-versus-what-the-bees see

Science Source - Marsh marigold flowers in UV light

I assured us of no rain in the immediate future. Went up the roof and did some patching. If it rains soon, I'll know the patch failed

• Like 2