Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Almost forgot, someone we know up there that sells produce so we brought home some things. I remember some here talking about different kinds of tomatoes, we brought home these, I never tried them yet but the wife said they are good, Cherokee purple is the name. They supposed to taste good but there not the bright red normal color I'm used to.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

• Moderators

Thanks, will probably eat some an give a give the kids some and freeze the rest to make sauce, I have never tried them. Probably try some for lunch, I love tomato sandwiches, looks like it's time now.  

I really liked Bingo Night, I sent it to Christy to watch, not surprised, she cried.  :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators

The new building in town, the old one new to us, wait there all old.The one in town next to the Clinton Museum.

We were panting some trim we left last time then the ceiling and walls going up the stairs, never got to that trim. Also pulled out the last carpet in the bottom 3 rooms downstairs we never got to last time. Oak hardwood floors are about 95% in perfect shape, a couple of light water stains which will probably sand out when we sand the whole floor to refinish. 

Back them wood floors were standard, fancy homes had carpet over it. The house is 99 years old and this is the second carpet ever in the house, it was old and starting to fall apart. Strange looking padding it was about 1/2" thick and looked like fibers or straw in it, almost like an insulation which it could have been ?

It's coming along, slowly. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

True.  Turn them stem side down on paper towels and they will last a bit longer.

Will try that thanks, the box is about half green and half ripe. Tried some for lunch there really good, kind of a mild flavor not very strong.

They are different, the outside is kind of a strange color but the inside is a very deep dark red.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

The new building in town, the old one new to us, wait there all old.The one in town next to the Clinton Museum.

Evelyn and I looked for you Sunday at the Airport.  Didn't know where you might be.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

heirloom tomatoes

I had no idea, Cherokee purple is considered a heirloom tomato, I need to get out more.

I had no idea how much she paid so I just asked her, she said $20 for the box.

• Like 1

So I’m riding the bicycle on a nice path ‘bout ten miles out. It’s hot, it’s humid. I come around a turn approaching a slow rider - a young lady riding in a two piece swim type suit. Of course I slow up and I’m looking right down the barrel. She turns and says I really don’t mind if you ride behind me but I ride slow so go around if you want to go faster. I said thanks and went ahead and past her a minute or two later. A side glance as I passed had me wondering how I could turn around and sit on the seat backwards, pedal and steer while looking the wrong direction. It was a glorious day for a bicycle ride — 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Evelyn and I looked for you Sunday at the Airport.  Didn't know where you might be.

I wish I would have known, we went to the airport building for a few minutes. We dropped off a 1502 sub that was donated by Cory, and checked on everything there the 1802 that was in there was moved to the PWK auditorium/theater building in hope. 

Some dirtbag stole out flag we had put on the pole behind the building, we hoping maby the airport people may have taken it down when everything was first shut down, Jim is going to ask.  

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I wish I would have known, we went to the airport building for a few minutes. We dropped off a 1502 sub that was donated by Cory, and checked on everything there the 1802 that was in there was moved to the PWK auditorium/theater building in hope. 

We were there around 9 AM as we passed right by it on the way to @rockhound 's house.  It was a spur of the moment thing.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We were starting about that time or a little earlier, it depended on what we had to do as to what building we were at. Except for moving a few things around and checking on things we were mostly at the new old house by the Clinton place. Normally it's just Jim by himself so when we go and there is something big to move he waits for us to help if he can.

I don't get out much, it's strange for me when we went to lunch. You have to wear a mask when you go in and order, once they bring the drinks you can take it off. It's crazy

Can get those at the farmers market here for a decent price. I like my sandwiches strictly bigger or better boy bright red with that flavor to match & Duke's only!

But those heirloom do well in a chunky summer vegetable salad we eat. Cut up in wedges the tomatos, yellow onion, thick sliced then halved cucumber, bell pepper slices, celery too sometimes and douse it with Greek salad dressing. After a couple hours.... well you know what it does. It's great with everything this time of year. When I've got ripe olives and feta I top it with that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

So I’m riding the bicycle on a nice path ‘bout ten miles out. It’s hot, it’s humid. I come around a turn approaching a slow rider - a young lady riding in a two piece swim type suit. Of course I slow up and I’m looking right down the barrel. She turns and says I really don’t mind if you ride behind me but I ride slow so go around if you want to go faster. I said thanks and went ahead and past her a minute or two later. A side glance as I passed had me wondering how I could turn around and sit on the seat backwards, pedal and steer while looking the wrong direction. It was a glorious day for a bicycle ride — 

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and nature, text that says 'SOME DAYS JUST START BETTER THAN OTHERS'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

She turns and says I really don’t mind if you ride behind me but I ride slow so go around if you want to go faster.

TRANSLATION:

I know that your old a$$ is staring at my butt.  Would you please go away.

• Haha 5

Hey dtel

glad you made it back

those tomatoes looks tasty. I'd be makin' mater sammiches. Sour dough with a slathering of mayo, a slice of some good cheddar and a slice of the featured item. That's if they don't get eaten like an apple..

the butt on that gal reminds me of the lady that scared me from shopping.