Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Do you think she’s trying to kill me?  This was presented while Brubeck’s Take Five played from her phone.  I’m not even her father, but I am the father of her two sons.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY! 

She also made cinnamon buns.  Where did I put that insulin?

CFAF73E9-9078-4429-B2ED-D6A2F1D2C9EF.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I did stumble across something on Tidal that is worthy to use to check out a change to your gear.  Not my normal but it sounds damn good "Chilled Lionel Richie Grooves" all instrumental.  I hope to be getting two RCA Clear Top 12AU7 tubes to put in the preamp section of the Primaluna and will use that to A-B.

Not a big proponent of tube rolling but we shall see..........

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Do you think she’s trying to kill me?  This was presented while Brubeck’s Take Five played from her phone.  I’m not even her father, but I am the father of her two sons.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY! 

She also made cinnamon buns.  Where did I put that insulin?

it's the thought that counts ,Happy Father's day

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm the only one awake, here. I don't expect anything.

Been fighting with this computer and spotify. Having problems and I'm about to frisbee the computer. No... I am not having fun.

you gotta go back to  satellite radio, it  is all you need -------just grab the oldies  or channels you like,  hook up  all your PC's  to rip the music 24/7 non stop on hard drives   , these guys play the best files online  , and you can sort through it ,  digitally, the end cost is hard drives ----------forget memberships ------

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Our parents are often the only ones who have known us since our birth. Yesterday was such a sad day in all of our lives. I debated even posting anything.  96 years on the planet? A God fearing Christian Woman who never said a bad word about anyone or anything! Loving unconditionally and battling Alzheimer's. A warrior never falls backward in battle and trust me my mother fell forward, grabbed her wings and soared pain free joining family in heaven. Of course I had tons of pics and stories to tell. There just aren't any words. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!  Mom passed yesterday afternoon and my oldest daughter just took the time to go see her and paint her nails.  She finally got them painted today at the funeral home.  Asked how she knew and she said something just told her to go.  She called me and told me to get there but I was a couple minutes late.  Tough couple of days but this too shall pass.

Wow....so sorry Dave!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Yes, sorry to hear this Dave, she experienced more than any of us over her 96 years. We could all be that lucky. RIP

It's never easy no matter what the age or how ready you think you are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's never easy no matter what the age or how ready you think you are. 

The ladies on the Portuguese side of my family live a long time ... I can't think of any that didn't make it into their 90s (except my Mom, who died at 33 but she was killed and didn't die from an illness). When my Grandmother died at age 94, her older sister was still alive and her younger sister went on to live to the age of 102. 

I was talking to an elderly Aunt one day and she was telling me the negative side of living so long. She told me how she had outlived all her friends and family that were her peers growing up. She had two friends still living and one was in such poor health that she could no longer go anywhere. She said she thinks of those that passed and can only ask "why am I still here?"

She went on to live to be 93. 

My grandmother spent the last two decades of her life wearing all black and sitting in a chair by the front window -- she was waiting to die. She was old school Portuguese born and raised in the Azore Islands ... my Aunt told me that her generation and culture was that the woman's job in life was to raise her children and take care of her husband. Her kids were all adults and her husband had died, so in her mind, her role in life was over and she was just waiting for her end. 

Got some wonderful messages from my kids today -- very cool to hear how I impacted their lives for the better, even in stuff that I went through and they merely observed how I handled the crisis and how that was a good lesson that is helping them in life now. One of my daughters send me a Father's Day card and I opened it and it contained five crisp $100 bills. She wrote a note asking me to accept the gift and not send it back to them. She was grateful for all the times that I helped her and she said that God has blessed her life and she wanted to do something for me now. 

I think I have about five hundred one dollar bills here (I rarely use singles)... maybe I should send them to her for her birthday?  

have a good day folks. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

a good year for Barry Gordon[?]

Just what we like to do for fun a Sunday afternoon... go to urgent care. Wife got stung by a wasp and drew a reaction. We know from experience, calling 911 is a waste. By the time EMTs get here and load her up, take vitals... we can be to the ER before anything exciting happens. 

That was my day. Fun? Didn't wear my civies. We beat out of here, me in my sarong. I sat outside the urgent care on the sidewalk... in [according to the thermometer in the car] 107`. Glad I was damp from the pool. We were there for near an hour. I scared everyone else with an emergency to the hospital. lol

tbh

I looked more comfortable [was gonna say "cooler", but that goes w/o saying] than anyone else I saw outside.

Saw KingKong's gf on Perry Mason... yep   Faye Wray.  at 51.  Had to be near the end of her screen career.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Been fighting with this computer and spotify. Having problems and I'm about to frisbee the computer. No... I am not having fun.

I hate things like that, went through it yesterday for an hour and gave up, never tried again.

I will but it's a pain not knowing what to do. Trying a different laptop for music and I can not get the HDMI output to play the streaming music.  I know they do because the other one does it, the difference is a friend was here and he got it working. :emotion-55:

If computers are so smart why can't you type in what you want it and it would help, instead of directions so long and complicated it seems impossible ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1