Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I love spicy bloody mary's, it's the first part of breakfast when on vacation. 

But I love tomato juice so it's an easy fit.

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

The Dr took wife's patch off.. Arrrrrrrhh

Well that's no fun, how is she feeling.

I remember when I had some metal removed from one eye, they gave me a patch. The parking lot was across the street, I almost got run over crossing the street.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

All that talk of different liquors in your bloody mary tells me that bloody mary covers the taste of alcohol pretty good. Beer works in it, too.

Were you in our camping group in Central California back in 1973 or 1974?

Went camping with my hippie cousins and I was a young teen and that was my first experience of prolonged drinking. In the morning, these cats were pouring Snappy Tom into the their beers.  I love beer, but have NEVER had a Miller High Life since that trip.

My cousin's boyfriend could have been Alice Cooper's double, plus on Fourth of July he had these red, white, and blue American flag jeans.  I thought he was the coolest guy in the world. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

would a Bloody Mary be any good when made with V8?  I prefer that to tomato juice. 

idelicious ,  I use it all the time  , and sometimes with a  tiny bit of  Japanese Soy Sauce  to salt the taste -

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

I love spicy bloody mary's, it's the first part of breakfast when on vacation. 

But I love tomato juice so it's an easy fit.

I remember when I had some metal removed from one eye, they gave me a patch. The parking lot was across the street, I almost got run over crossing the street.

I  use a special touch -in the Bloody Mary ----Franck's red Hot -

Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce - 0 Points | LaaLoosh

• Like 5

15 hours ago, babadono said:

Studio? I wish. No the basement room will have to do. Its a Presonus 24.4.2

I thought it was a Presonus, just had a small glimpse in one of your pics one time.

I have a Soundcraft LX7-16, analogue board. I like it but it has an issue I've not sorted out. It's boxed up in a closet right now. 🙄

16 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I thought it was a Presonus, just had a small glimpse in one of your pics one time.

I have a Soundcraft LX7-16, analogue board. I like it but it has an issue I've not sorted out. It's boxed up in a closet right now. 🙄

Man I though you were talking about a cement mixer with the discussion of gravel and block that Eric just got😑

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

She sez she feels good. Things are a little fuzzy in the corrected eye. She's not driving.

I am anxious to see how well she can see after both are done.  She goes in next Wed for a follow up [and prolly a double check on her other eye... pre-op]. She has the other one scheduled for 2 weeks. Ought to be all set for school starting mid Aug. She will get to ride the bus to school this year. They got 5 or 6 kids from Arivaca. We like that during the rainy season. Little car has not got much for clearance... and we don't want to see how much water it can take. We have the Olds for that crap.  It's been thru water deeper than I was comfortable with. SIL calls it a boat... not for that reason. TBH it's not that big of a car. The boy's Mustang was about the same size. 

Looks like the "monsoon" is knocking on the door. Maybe not for the 4th.

....you guys are drinking coffee right now, correct?

I made fresh for the wife yesterday. Drinking leftover this AM

hmmm

The sky is light enough to see virga. ... think I felt a drop of wet when I went out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

Just cooked 2 pounds of bacon from our local meat market. We'll have some for beakfast at use the rest during the week for salads and quick bfasts.

Finger licking good

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If you don't like it I'll buy it from you.  I'm pretty sure you'll keep it though.

Minermark once sent me some mix called "Smokin Mary."  There is nothing like a smokin mary....it's like a bbq in a cocktail, perfect for starting the day when you are firing up the smoker for a long low and slow.  Big Stew, don't forget the hot sauce in that drink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1