Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Blame the 3 girls that picked us up in Wyoming and dropped us off in Rapid City.

Left Reno once and didn't stop (other than for gas and food) until we hit Mount Rushmore. That was a LONG drive. When I got tired I told the gal with me to drive for awhile. After a bit she told me to keep her awake because she was so tired. Then I drove again and told her to keep me awake -- so neither of us got to sleep. 

Said I'd never do that again, then did a year later from Michigan to Vegas. 

oh being young and indestructible. 

Nowadays, I call an uber to take me to my car. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

that is dangerously close to French Dressing

ok -  -Perfectly flame-grilled. WHOPPER® Sandwich is a ¼ lb* of savory flame-grilled beef topped with cheese, juicy tomatoes, fresh lettuce, creamy mayonnaise , ketchup, crunchy pickles, and sliced white onions on a soft sesame seed bun.image.jpeg.b5f122f73a8b1f89d04c93cd71a9d1f1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I getting to where I really don't care to travel much/far.  Forget flying. however... I rather like pulling the senior card and require assistance. That allows preboard... in open seating plans, works great... and frankly, I'm not in shape enough to run a mile thru an airport, lost. Cuts the line at security, too. And you get to sit and relax. No worries of missing your connection.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I getting to where I really don't care to travel much/far.  Forget flying. however... I rather like pulling the senior card and require assistance. That allows preboard... in open seating plans, works great... and frankly, I'm not in shape enough to run a mile thru an airport, lost. Cuts the line at security, too. And you get to sit and relax. No worries of missing your connection.

nothing more enjoyable that a Train Ride  , forget the security ,  all aboard ,  ,you can open the windows , and even stretch your feet in full comfort , even lay down on wide seats - with great  company  ,  and the fun part is taking the time to enjoy life -

• Like 3

trains are good.

I can get into trouble.   For being antisocial, I manage to find an interesting lady or two... I can't take me anywhere...

Good Mornin' All

Another blustery day. The fire is still at 45% containment @ 100,000+ acres.  Rains are predicted Wed...

And my electricity just flashed off for a sec. This is part of why I laugh at reliance upon technology out here.   Doesn't seem to be any particular reason for it to go off. Oh... the wind is blowing.... is that good enough?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Left Reno once and didn't stop (other than for gas and food) until we hit Mount Rushmore. That was a LONG drive.

it takes about 36 hours to get from home to Elkhart, IN. That includes food, fuel and naps. That's ~1900 miles.  I had to force myself to stop overnight when I made the trip back with the LS.  the room is Hereford TX doesn't count. I didn't sleep. Between the stockyard odor and trains every half hour, that lasted about 3 hours and I left... w/o sleep.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well it’s about damn time. Realtor association in Texas is allowing listing agents to change the term “master” bedroom to “primary” bedroom due to its roots to slavery. Yep, first thing that I thought about when looking at the largest bedroom in a home was slavery.
Next up - masterbation.  Just another Monday in the greatest country in the world —  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, richieb said:

Just another Monday in the greatest country in the world —  

Why stop now, ban all ships, auctions, and of course cotton. I get the idea but no need to go all pc.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Well it’s about damn time. Realtor association in Texas is allowing listing agents to change the term “master” bedroom to “primary” bedroom due to its roots to slavery. Yep, first thing that I thought about when looking at the largest bedroom in a home was slavery.

Fifteen or twenty years ago there was talk of changing the naming of hard drive connections in computers, before SATA connections became the norm. You would put little jumpers on some pins to make the system drive "master", and the second "slave".

A lot the the industry would change if they decided to do that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Rains are predicted Wed...

Sky was leaking overnight and into the morning here. Weird, rain in almost July. Just when things were really drying out and dying. I guess it's a whole new crop of weeds now. Boo!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

we're seeing PC run amuck. 

on yahoo "news"....some young pale skinned [for want to not offend somebody] actress apologized for wearing corn rolls when she was 17.  Remember women's lib and everything with "man" in it became bad?

I am self-censoring a huge rant

smoke another bowl, Bill

------------------------------------------------------------------

not so warm today. Wind replaced heat. Got plenty of that today.

The fire has burned from the west end of the range to the east end. They said 45% containment..  yeah right.  Running out of trees to burn... then it will be a brush fire

winds are steady 20 with gusts to 45... Hope the firefighters stay out the way.

I am guessing spotify is working their software problem out.   2 days in a row, it works. Not exactly proper... but, I can select music and do most of the normal things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1