Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

we're seeing PC run amuck. 

on yahoo "news"....some young actress apologized for wearing corn rolls when she was 17.  Remember women's lib and everything with "man" in it became bad?

I am self-censoring a huge rant

smoke another bowl, Bill

------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep waiting for them to rename hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

the big one and the little one?

Reminds me of a random association story

one day, in the shop at the bowling alley, one of the other businesses at the mall wanted to borrow a ladder.

Asked if he needed the big one or the little?

I'll never forget his response, "Which one is taller?"

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, babadono said:

Sky was leaking overnight and into the morning here. Weird, rain in almost July. Just when things were really drying out and dying. I guess it's a whole new crop of weeds now. Boo!

Weeds look just fine when they are mowed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

everything with "man" in it became bad?

Hey!  What's the matter man?

We're gonna come around at twelve

With some Puerto Rican girls thats just dying to meet you

We're gonna bring a case of wine

Hey lets go mess and fool around

You know, like we used to

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My doctor wanted to touch bases with me today instead of me going to the office for an annual physical. Just asking if there was anything going on that she should know about ... how's my asthma, etc... Come to the lab within a month and get blood tests. Then she asked if I'd been checking my blood pressure and I said no, but I've felt fine. So, I promised that I'd check it and let her know the average. So, I'm sitting in the recliner and the bp machine is right next to me so I take it. 93/65.  That's too low. She had indicated that if it was low again (like our last conversation in May) then she would cut the medicine from 50mg to 25mg. 

My body is tripping out in the year of Corona.  Asthma up, arthritis up, blood pressure down.

hope you all are well. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My doctor wanted to touch my azz...

Dirty doctor and naughty nurses..

23 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Then she asked if I'd been checking my

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

pressure

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

l

26 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

She had indicated

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Let her know the average

• Moderators
12 hours ago, babadono said:

Sky was leaking overnight and into the morning here. Weird, rain in almost July. Just when things were really drying out and dying. I guess it's a whole new crop of weeds now. Boo!

You live in California, sell them to the neighbor.  

• Haha 2

the weather part is debatable.. Not a wine affectionado... so... If you say so.

up at 2:30AM...

Watched the news loop. Put ingredients in the bread machine. We are making "pan"... as all of the ingredients are from Mexico..  Went back to bed around 4:30.  Just got up, again. Made some fresh mud. Pull the bread out of the pan. 

Well... our gov delayed schools opening a couple weeks [for us]. Some other schools start earlier.  State is trying to backpedal w/o backpedaling. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This rebuilding the grandsons room is getting old, almost finished caulking the trim yesterday. A little touchup paint and the room will be done. Then I can build his new desk, a new bed frame and end tables, this will be the only fun part.

When that is done I can redo the small bedroom upstairs and replace the old window.

Then I can get to what started this a remodel of the bathroom which is how we found the termites to begin with. The new vanity and top and new tile and wood for a different look in the bathroom ceiling and everything to put all of that in is sitting in the dining room waiting. When we found out this room was on hold all we had left to do was buy a new toilet to have what we needed, but since it would just sit were going to wait we put that off. Probably go get it while the flooring is drying.

She wanted something different for the bathroom floor and picked this, as long as it's not completely crazy I don't care.  She picked this they are 16"x16", she got a sample mailed here and liked it, there was none in the store to look at. Without seeing it there was no way to be sure.

gris-low-sheen-merola-tile-ceramic-tile-faz18atg-64_1000.jpg

• Like 5

Sounds like my wife

... we never close

Saw some white butterflies [cabbage butterflies] and some yellow butterflies [sulfurs] in my garden.

according to OrganicGraden cabbage and "hemp" are sposed to be good companion plants.  I wonder which benefits from the other?

because

in some gardens, their "caterpillars" are called cabbage loopers

and in other gardens, they are called budworms.

• Like 2

Frig spot is acting up again. Sure glad I'm not paying for this frustration. Some might be our net speed. It is very slow right now. Taking its sweet time loading "text sites" such as this. And wife had to phone in to her conference. Sposed to be a videoconference.... but

One of the charms of living in a remote/isolated place.  Internet????? We're still working on reliable electricity.  Sasabe is worse.  The place is so isolated that there is a special phone company to handle it. Not the one that serves [almost] everyone else in the state.

• Sad 2

I watered the yard too much .... the grass is starting to come up.It was inevitable. Was going to come up in the rains [if/when]. That was how I found that we had a "lawn". Not something I would plant. Too much work.

I have to admit that soft ground under foot feels pretty nice. Was like walking on concrete. Everything was so dry, it got hard and turn to stickers. Things you wouldn't think might poke you. Like blades of grass.

....ever notice that apostrophes in contractions  do not generally save characters?

It is--- it's.

Do not -- don't.

Here is -- here's

Cannot is one that it does save a character -- can't

unless you count spaces as characters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2