Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

...ever notice that apostrophes in contractions  do not generally save characters?

It is--- it's.

Do not -- don't.

Here is -- here's

Cannot is one that it does save a character -- can't

unless you count spaces as characters.

pretty deep for this early in the night. oh yeah, grass is evil.  I'm allergic to it -- have to take a Claritin if I go golfing.  sit me in the grass with a cat and I'm a goner. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

no music...

relaxing with a bowl

I may feel inspired enough to bang on the keyboard. It's a cheapo RadioShack -[prolly casio]. I have fun with it. Set it to percussion and drum my fingers. The neighbors would rather hear the stereo, I'm sure.... too bad for them.

If I really wanted to nuisance them, I could cut into the on board speakers and push the LaScalas with the amp. I imagine it is a watt or two. Running them off the headphone out might work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

The neighbors would rather hear the stereo, I'm sure.... too bad for them.

you never know. I remember a long time ago visiting my Aunt. My brother is there and somehow she asked something about me and a guitar. My brother says, "he's pretty good."  Yet, every time I start to play, he closes his bedroom door. It gave me a complex ... now I only play in my room and I close the door -- and I don't use an amp anymore because I'm trying to be a good neighbor. That's all going to change because I'm thinking about buying a Variax guitar and I'm going to need be plug in with that. well, I guess I can look for my Vox headphone amp. come to think of it, I don't even know where my amp is ... probably in the storage locker? I'll buy another before I go looking in there!

• Haha 3

I hear ya.

I/we used to live immediately across the street from the park...there was a local artist that would sit at the park and I would stop playing...  Talked to her later. told me that the noise I was making was one of the reasons she went there. No accounting for taste

I had a Hohner Contessa fretless bass. Played it unplugged by resting my chin on it.

Beautiful guitar. Flame maple.  Weighed a ton. Which is why I sat to play it.  I gave it to a friend who was a much better bassist.  One of those things I was never going to become proficient at.

• Like 2

Mornin' All

Leftover coffee... nothing new

that's the nature of leftover

Slept in. Got up at 5.  Seems strange getting up and it's light already.

Scanned over cl... A couple KA-3500 amps in Tucson. One of the ads... KA-3500 pushing Bose 301's...  They got sold the same stuff as I did in '77..  I think about what I could have gotten for the same $$

What did Heresy or CW cost back then?

What's the read on the amp? Good. bad, indifferent? Worth $150?  One has a tuner, too... Want $250 for them. I don't see many folks talking about their vintage Kenwood... safe to assume they are not favored?

Having an out of house experience today. Taking the wife for her follow-up on her one cataract surgery. She goes in next week for the other eye.  She seems very pleased with the results of #1. I will be relieved when she get both done. She doesn't didn't realize what she can't  couldn't see. No, I'm not going in civies. No sense. Can't go inside. Might as well be as comfortable as I can.

Made some "spaghetti" last night. No parsley and one of the cans of tomato had green chile in it. Didn't notice until after the can was open. Some of the tomato products were house brand... Never know how that is going to work until you taste them. These were tart. and more juice than tomato.  See that a lot with house brand stuff... the more juice thing, that is.

the monsoon is creeping into the weather forecast [beyond wishing for it]. Tossing chances of rain into the forecast. 10% - 30% through the weekend. Noticing the humidity is up a little.  Still not 30%. From zero, any is noticeable. Thing smell different.... 

• Like 2

Just tried to pay bills online and discovered that my debit card has expired.  Now I'm stuck going to all the places that have that card on file and updating the info.  I guess that is why the bank sent me a new card last month.  I generally don't open mail, but recalled one day my brother going through the mail and saying "feels like a credit card in this one."  I checked and it was my new debit card.  

Wish these things didn't expire, just a pain when they do. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

You should be able to log into each account and update the card info online. That's if you created an account for each bill/vendor.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Just tried to pay bills online and discovered that my debit card has expired.  Now I'm stuck going to all the places that have that card on file and updating the info.  I guess that is why the bank sent me a new card last month.  I generally don't open mail, but recalled one day my brother going through the mail and saying "feels like a credit card in this one."  I checked and it was my new debit card.  

Will the # of the beast expire?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/30/2020 at 11:20 AM, dtel said:

This rebuilding the grandsons room is getting old, almost finished caulking the trim yesterday. A little touchup paint and the room will be done. Then I can build his new desk, a new bed frame and end tables, this will be the only fun part.

When that is done I can redo the small bedroom upstairs and replace the old window.

Then I can get to what started this a remodel of the bathroom which is how we found the termites to begin with. The new vanity and top and new tile and wood for a different look in the bathroom ceiling and everything to put all of that in is sitting in the dining room waiting. When we found out this room was on hold all we had left to do was buy a new toilet to have what we needed, but since it would just sit were going to wait we put that off. Probably go get it while the flooring is drying.

She wanted something different for the bathroom floor and picked this, as long as it's not completely crazy I don't care.  She picked this they are 16"x16", she got a sample mailed here and liked it, there was none in the store to look at. Without seeing it there was no way to be sure.

gris-low-sheen-merola-tile-ceramic-tile-faz18atg-64_1000.jpg

Natural stone? or man made? Link to where you found/got it? PLZ

• Like 3

On 6/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, CECAA850 said:

I keep waiting for them to rename hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinders.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, grasshopper said:

the big one and the little one?

Reminds me of a random association story

one day, in the shop at the bowling alley, one of the other businesses at the mall wanted to borrow a ladder.

Asked if he needed the big one or the little?

I'll never forget his response, "Which one is taller?"

primary and secondary? or is that still racist?

• Haha 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, babadono said:

Natural stone? or man made? Link to where you found/got it? PLZ

Man made ceramic tile, there was none in the store to see so for $4. they mailed a 8" sample so you can see it in person.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Merola-Tile-Attica-Gris-16-7-8-in-x-16-7-8-in-Ceramic-Floor-and-Wall-Tile-14-15-sq-ft-case-FAZ18ATG/203557711

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Everything expires with time.

57 minutes ago, babadono said:

Will the # of the beast expire?

Except that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

You should be able to log into each account and update the card info online. That's if you created an account for each bill/vendor.

yeah, that's what I'm doing ... just the hassle of trying to remember everything associated with that card and then go to each website and updating it.  I know ... I'm whining.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I know ... I'm whining.

You need girlfriend and dealing with "everything associated" with that will make things like this CC problem seem easy. :lol:  

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

You need girlfriend and dealing with "everything associated" with that will make things like this CC problem seem easy. :lol:  

sometimes I think that I'd like to be married again, then other times I think "never again." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Speaking of the devil ...

Dr released  wife to do all her regular stuff. .... for a week. Then the other eye.  She's quite happy about it all.  And y'all know what they say... Happy wife....

not that I'm not happy as hell too. I don't have to worry as much.  What you don't see can kill you..

I sat in the car. Got lucky and found a space under a tree. Doused myself with a pint of water, rolled the windows down and near took a little nap. 

Kinda half clouding over. Doesn't looking like rain right now. If it hasn't by now ... prolly not going to happen. It's cooling off and the storms need heat to get them going. Think they said 95` was the magic number for Tucson.

• Like 2