Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

sometimes I think that I'd like to be married again, then other times I think "never again." 

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

There is nothing to "think" about!  Just say NO!  😂

Just rent

• Like 2

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Kinda half clouding over. Doesn't looking like rain right now. If it hasn't by now ... prolly not going to happen. It's cooling off and the storms need heat to get them going. Think they said 95` was the magic number for Tucson.

This evening we got about 1.5 inches in about 20 minutes, it's cooler now but humidity is up.

• Like 1

Mornin' All

Nothin' exciting, yet.  someone's car alarm went off at 4:30. Bet they were happy about that. Took a couple minutes for it to be turned off.

I got smart and brought the pot of leftover coffee to the doghouse. Wife won't be up for... well, until after fresh is made. Wish I could sleep so well.

is 5AM too early to get loud?

because I watch tv... noticed some of the people working from home aren't wearing stage makeup.  Particularly on "the view".  Glad I don't have to worry about not recognizing the wife in the AM. When women refer to applying makeup as "putting my face on"...they're not joking.

IF the clouds burn off, we're sposed to have a decent chance of precip today, from noon on. Gonna be a beauty of a sunrise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You've got to be kidding @oldtimer

Sh*t

Shower

Shave

Shampoo

the S's

Is all I've done in the a m to get ready for decades! Not necessarily in that order.

Don't need shampoo anymore my thick hair isn't now so the bar of soap works for that too :rolleyes:

Used to be enough, now I just don't fret over it, not irresistible anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It is a little "humid" here. That is only relative to here, though. Would still feel dry to most of you. Not near 50%. Maybe 30%.  Only time it goes over 50, it is raining.

High maintenance...

more into themselves than anything else.

That applies to males, too.  The ones that want an Adonis body.   Our society elevates extreme behavior.

censoring a rant

----------------------------------------------------------

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

@JohnJ

How you doin'?  or as a friend would ask "Como fijoles, tennis shoe?" translated ---- How you bean [been], Keds [Kids]?

it had to happen

ran outa cold coffee. Need to go make fresh

Doing alright WillyBob, spending lots of time at the hospital ICU the past week is no fun. Things are looking better now but it's slow to get there. Have to bail on her after lunch today, skies are blue sun is drying all that tropical weather out. The good stand of grass in the back yard is halfway to my knees... two weeks of growth! Like your tunes this a m!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

kinda wondering about the soldier disappearing at FortHood.

The boy did some training there. He says the place is known for people "never leaving".

we got a smattering of rain. More of a heavy drizzle for a minute or two. Smells good. That's about all the good it did.

• Like 2

June gloom is late this year. Did not really start until about the last week in June. And now it continues. Overcast and misty in the morning. I drive through the clouds to get to work. Going to be the strangest Fourth of July weekend ever I reckon. Going to a co workers B'Day party on the 4th at least for a little while, we'll see how careful(or not) people are being and act accordingly. At least it's outdoors on a 2 acre "ranchito".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

It is a little "humid" here. That is only relative to here, though. Would still feel dry to most of you. Not near 50%. Maybe 30%

LOL.  If we had 50% humidity here on a regular basis peoples skin would crack and fall off.  We haven't started a day this week under 90%. 

• Like 3

that's what I've been sayin' about it being comfortable here. Your temps aren't much lower than ours, but the 80 - 90% humidity you get... whoa....

the only extreme you can say about our weather is the sun. And thru June, you see lots of it.  I chuckled when I saw that 12 on the UV index,  I thought the scale only went to 10.

@babadono

late June gloom. Our "monsoon" is late, too. Wonder if it gonna set up at all. We need a high pressure dome to sit on west Texas/4 corners area to get us moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. Jet stream has to go over Idaho to help us.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Doing alright WillyBob, spending lots of time at the hospital ICU the past week is no fun. Things are looking better now but it's slow to get there.

You were in ? If so glad your free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

the only extreme you can say about our weather is the sun. And thru June, you see lots of it.  I chuckled when I saw that 12 on the UV index,  I thought the scale only went to 10

Said a while back you needed to make a solar oven, maby not you would burn everything.

• Haha 1

Bet you could do sous vi , if the meat doesn't get sunburn. I know it is 140` in the sun. That's why cloudy days feel cool.

a friend was thinking about building a solar still. Keeping the temp down would be the challenge.

Wife was telling me that the other teacher wanted to put up a greenhouse. Told her to look at the greenhouses in the area.... they are covered in shade cloth. A lattice house would be more productive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1