Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I was a kid when we built this... during the summer. Has to throw the rebar into the lake before we could handle it. The left eye socket has my blood. I fell off a ladder with a 5 gal bucket of mud dragging me across expanded metal. 

Dr was funning. I presented him with my arm. Sez, Whata ya want me to do, it hamburger?

on the way there, the thermostat stuck closed on this damnable Pontiac Catalina.  Idiot light came on... too bad. Dr first.

Not my day

Healed up OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have some neighbors that are the type.....

------------------------------------------------------------

We're wet.... er damp. And it is kinda cold.

The juice went off long enough to cause everything to reboot.

gonna be cool thus evening. no time for the sun to warm it. It did pop out a couple times over the course of the day. It was an overrated experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Happy early 4th to all at Klipsch...Speakers are fun...Music calms me down....🍻

Your right, hope every has a safe 4th, and music, well i would sure hope so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators

Had to go to Home depot to get some wood to make the grandsons desk and stopped at the local gun/pawn shop to stock up a little more ammo and looked at a few guns while I was waiting to get waited on. Seen a nice Ruger American 9 mm he had, got some ammo and got back in the car and told the wife about it. She likes this stuff as much as she likes speakers, so she say's why didn't you get it. :o 

Told here you really want me to get it, she said yes if you like it and it holds more than the 6 like the revolver. So I went back in and got it, new toy, and it shoots really well, it has a red laser which she likes also.

That's enough guns for a while, just ammo when the price is right.............unless a great deal pops up.  

https://www.ruger.com/products/rugerAmericanPistol/specSheets/8605.html

• Like 3

• Moderators

No AR's here, maby one day, have shot a couple and there fun.

I think I like the first two the most, just like the 223 bullet, very flat shooting and a fast bullet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dtel said:

you really want me to get it, she said yes if you like it and it holds more than the 6 like the revolver.

Mornin' All

One of my favorite scenes from that movie

The neighbors will know the wife is out today/tonight. She has to get another covid test before they do her other eye. She figures on coming home tomorrow... which is typical for her trips to Tucson.  I can go to Tucson and be home in 3 hours. She visits her sis and kids and... she has family up there...

me? I just don't care for city. Start wanting to turn around as soon as the traffic starts to thicken on the way in. Like when I see the interstate at the end of our road.

I'm killing off the leftover coffee. SOP. 

We had a visitor last night. Not a tarantula. A tree frog.  Not near as common as the toads [Spadefoot and ColoradoRiver toads] ... Still blows my mind to find amphibians in the desert. This frog was lucky I got him before the cats [was prolly the cats that got lucky]. It was bouncing all over the place. The toads are easy to catch. They aren't equipped to get away. This frog could jump and stick to vertical surfaces. 

Those CW IV on cl Phoenix got my attention. $3000.   Don't think they would fit in the car. I have 37" between the wheel wells. MDF cabs are just a little too big to squeeze in there. The plywood LS just fit.

• Like 2

So I see on the local news KC is asking residents for a “murder free July 4 weekend”. As the city approaches 100 murders for the year the optics of reaching that mark on the 4th weekend just doesn’t scream “holiday”. I guess a city must set goals, no matter the issue - 

Happy Fourth of July Weekend everyone — ☄️🔥🧯😔

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

So I see on the local news KC is asking residents for a “murder free July 4 weekend”. As the city approaches 100 murders for the year the optics of reaching that mark on the 4th weekend just doesn’t scream “holiday”. I guess a city must set goals, no matter the issue - 

Happy Fourth of July Weekend everyone — ☄️🔥🧯😔

With all the anti American crap going on I'm expecting some people to get absolutely ignorant tomorrow.   I really hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, richieb said:

So I see on the local news KC is asking residents for a “murder free July 4 weekend”

They are VERY optimistic, either way a couple other big cities will outdo KC, Chicago usually sets the bar high for this.  It's crazy, this is what people should be protesting about.

But for everyone not selling drugs or in gangs, have a safe and fun 4th weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Just a copy.

DI vs. Short stroke piston. I hate cleaning, they are night and day in that department. THE HK seems to handle a wide variety of loads with no problems, whereas M4/AR15 have had some problems in that area, and some variants are prone to mis-cycle with full 30 in mag, so SWAT operators do 29 plus 1 in the Colt.

Never could figure out situation on .223 and 556 NATO being truly interchangeable or not,  heard operators say they had primers blow out when using 556 in 223, so I wanted one designed specifically for .556 NATO. The extra hot version may not be important to some, but was my preference. 

• Moderators

I have no idea about that, the 2 different numbers always confused me, could only think they were the same, but maby just close?

May get one one day, but it will not be in that price range, always liked them.