Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you think that's tough ... wait till you get to your times tables!

Times tables are easy, well the ones I can remember anyway. 

OK I read about it and now know the difference. The size is exactly the same, the difference is the 556 is a hotter round and not all 223's can shoot them.But it is the other way around, a 556 can use a 223 because it's less powerful. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

Times tables are easy, well the ones I can remember anyway. 

OK I read about it and now know the difference. The size is exactly the same, the difference is the 556 is a hotter round and not all 223's can shoot them.But it is the other way around, a 556 can use a 223 because it's less powerful. 

And just the opposite for .308  Vs. 7.62mm NATO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

And just the opposite for .308  Vs. 7.62mm NATO.

I've used the 7.62 mm NATO ,  in  FAL rifles , not bad , close range  , ok for semi-auto rifles , long range 0------ similar to a 30/06 -  it's not a good caliper to teach novices how to shoot -  it makes a good shooter into an average  one   , or just plainly  discourages some ---------now switch the same shooter to a  .308  rifle and they become much better  -

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Had a perfect SA M1A, all USGI; but sold up north, when my eyes worsened.

a friend of mine has the M1A,  , it was invented by a French Canadian John Garrand ,  All Canadians wanted the M1 Garrand , but they ended with the FAL -------

the M14 was Actually a great gun for lefties , since they load with the left , and hold the bolt with the right -

• Like 1

I was trained in my time as a soldier on the following weapons. Rifle G 3, Walter P1 Uzi, MG 34. As you maybe know, the private possession of weapons is forbidden in Germany. Except sport shooters and hunters. They are allowed to own weapons with an approved and certified firearms license. The weapons must be registered and may only be stored in lockable steel cabinets. The possession of an undeclared weapon is prohibited by law in Germany and is a criminal offence

HK G3 – Wikipedia

Walther P1 – Wikipedia

Uzi – Wikipedia

SOCOM762 MG Suppressor | SOCOM Series Fast-Attach® Sound ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

is Military service Mandatory in Germany

On 1 July 2011, compulsory military service in Germany was suspended. The Bundeswehr was thus a volunteer army. . . The fact that conscription was not abolished earlier was mainly due to the conviction that conscription would close the gap between the military and society.

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

On 1 July 2011, compulsory military service in Germany was suspended. The Bundeswehr was thus a volunteer army. . . The fact that conscription was not abolished earlier was mainly due to the conviction that conscription would close the gap between the military and society.

well the Military Education can't hurt as all Civilians have a knowledge of weapons  , and I think it is positive to be able to answer the call of Duty , once in your life for a couple of years -

25 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

well the Military Education can't hurt as all Civilians have a knowledge of weapons  , and I think it is positive to be able to answer the call of Duty , once in your life for a couple of years -

YES, I agree with you in any case, when I see how undisciplined today's German youth is. It would not harm many of them to learn what it means to do the country a service. Moreover, the camaraderie between soldiers is a life experience that shapes a person. To experience disciplines and the physical and psychological limits is a life experience for the whole life of a man. For me it is absolutely incomprehensible why the compulsory military service was abolished in Germany.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

For me it is absolutely incomprehensible why the compulsory military service was abolished in Germany.

National Pride is what Germany , and the Germanic People are all about , they shape the Nation -