Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Amdro is a bait, as opposed to a broad based insecticide.  I have used it.  I always got pissed at my old neighbor who scattered diazinon all over her yard.  Straight into the water supply.  Kills more than it should, then there is the bonus of poisoning the community.  I don't like round up either.  A little common sense helps everyone more than political correctness for corporate gain.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Smoking some meat today.

Oldest daughter called last night upset, somehow someone left the door on an upright freezer open slightly and stuff toward the front started to defrost, still half frozen.

So she asked if I could cook some of it, so they brought it last night.

This is about half of what she sent, 2 pork butts and 2 pork loins, I started with the biggest parts first.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

Smoking some meat today.

Oldest daughter called last night upset, somehow someone left the door on an upright freezer open slightly and stuff toward the front started to defrost, still half frozen.

This is about half of what she sent, 2 pork butts and 2 pork loins, I started with the biggest parts first.

image.jpeg

Wasn't me.But I'll be there shortly with Spirits in hand... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

She said when cooked they could cut it up and refreeze it and use it first. I don't care but you know being the cook it is my job to taste some of each to make sure it's good. :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Smoking some meat today.

image.jpeg

Sucker.  Refreezing would not kill anyone.  At least it hasn't killed me yet.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Sucker.

That's true.

But I wouldn't get to taste it all.

Since that pic I found another pork butt in it all so added that one. 

Before this pic it was a bunch of boneless thighs, there done and I added the last of it a piece of rib and some deer sausage. The Sausage is done and now just the pork butts and ribs. I will finish the butts in the oven so I sill not be out there late.

pic when the last things went on. then of the finished pork loins, with an end missing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Summer is here. Was 112 today, could reach 115-118 this weekend.

7-Day Forecast

Tomorrow
Jul 8
Weather Condition
H 110 °
L 86 °
Thursday
Jul 9
Weather Condition
H 111 °
L 87 °
Friday
Jul 10
Weather Condition
H 113 °
L 89 °
Saturday
Jul 11
Weather Condition
H 115 °
L 89 °
Sunday
Jul 12
Weather Condition
H 117 °
L 91 °
Monday
Jul 13
Weather Condition
H 114 °
L 89 °
Tuesday
Jul 14
Weather Condition
H 110 °
L 87 °
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

@grasshopper -- you can put out your cigarette on my fingertips now.  back to playing the guitar regularly and the callouses have returned ... so much so that I'm having trouble with the touch screen on my phone -- I have to use non-calloused fingertips. hope things in the desert are well my friend. 

• Like 5

We lost our mother today.

Actually Heaven gained another musician.

It stinks but we recognize that she has not been in any pain since this morning at 10:10. Got practical, legal and financial stuff to take care of real soon. A lady that has grown dear to us since she moved in across the street called earlier tonight to say something was left at the beginning of the drive here. Well New York City folks aren't all stereotypical.

This one is loved after only a couple years here.

Imagine that this is one way people from up there honor their friends.

I can actually visualize Love springing from the Earth, blossoming, growing wings then off to Heaven😥

IMG-20200707-204903.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Sorry to her this, but no pain for her is a good thing, she can rest now. That was very nice in the driveway, it's different but a cool idea, have never seen anything like that before. 

She will be watching you, talk to her. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Please Accept my Condolences for your loss  , you had told me a few months ago  that your Dearest Mother was a Music Teacher , well that makes 2 of us , and all Roads Lead to Heaven ----

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1