Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Handsome pup rplace!  I hear it takes up to six months for them to fully adjust to a new environment.  Seems about right in my experience.

Messaged with minermark yesterday.  He and Erin are planning a move from California to Nevada and a bit of downsizing.  Seems to be doing well.

Well I have managed to gain about 10 pounds during lock down.  Went in for a teeth cleaning and asked the hygienist to try and remove 10 pounds of tartar and plaque so I would be back to even😔

Very humid this morning.....like a sauna.

Back to Longmire.....no cliffhanging.  Each episode concludes as a story in itself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, Tarheel said:

Where ya been young fella?

Just doing my thing with the BOSS...

Thinking about closing the shop in the next couple of years....maybe sooner...

selling the house...down sizing... might even be selling bunch of my speakers...

I stop in once in awhile to check up on you guys lol lol..

My best to all my coffee peeps....take care my friends..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 6/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, Tarheel said:

Where ya been young fella?

Just doing my thing with the BOSS...

Thinking about closing the shop in the next couple of years....maybe sooner...

selling the house...down sizing... might even be selling bunch of my speakers...

I stop in once in awhile to check up on you guys lol lol..

My best to all my coffee peeps....take care my friends..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

computer stuttering?

Wife is having her other eye done today. I know it's a simple surgery... but. A sign of old age creeps in. I worry.Kinda comes from caring, I guess.

today is the last of... well, until now, they had been referring to 105` as hot....  For this week, 105` is cool. Gonna have to jump in the oven on warm to cool off. Highs 111` - 117`.That's just nasty... humidity or not.

This monsoon is looking like a failure to launch. If so, it gonna be a loooooooong hot summer.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, rplace said:

Forget the second pot... straight to espresso.

rps20200709_072239.thumb.jpg.1f439219dce8f6f1ccf795dd47d7f693.jpg

rps20200709_072218.thumb.jpg.d0ca68fe24832e5059988936225d1fb9.jpg

Nice pup. I'm still working on getting my property ready(fence) before entertaining the idea of a dog or two.

Perhaps we need another C for canines in the thread title.

Life is too short for cheap wine and slow dogs? ----having a tough time making it out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Life is too short for cheap wine and slow dogs? ----having a tough time making it out.

You are correct, sir. From our greyhound days. We have stuff all over the house. Time to start over with a mixed breed collection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Went to the Dr yesterday, she took some blood checked things and is sending me for some test, I didn't volunteer the volume of coffee I drink, I count it like air, it's needed.

• Like 4

Anyone want (what I'm told) an Australian Shepherd Dog?  Don't know his age....guessing about a year, maybe 1 1/2 years.  Prior owner (young and dumb girl) brought him home to a house where the mother said they didn't need an energetic dog like this....  so they tied him up to the tree in the back yard (also fenced).

Then what happens?  The daughter announced she's leaving to join the army.  Dog gets further neglect.

Girl flunks out of the Army.

My wife has the dog here where it can run with the wind, we are trying to train it to some degree but he's got some bad habits.  (he loves to nip you on the butt if you're turned away from him....I understand that's part of his herding instinct)

We're going to get him fixed tomorrow if I recall the correct day.

We can't keep him, he's too disruptive to our existing dogs and cat.  BOY he loves to chase the cat.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Anyone want (what I'm told) an Australian Shepherd Dog? 

Got any pics you could send me? I know someone (two sisters), in their own house who have two and might like a new one. Theirs are probably up around 10+ years old now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

hope you're okay.

21 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Ditto

It will be OK, it is what it is. 

There going to do an ultrasound on my legs as an initial test looking for blockages and go from there. And send me to a dermatologist to check the skin cancer again but that's a regular thing, no big deal they just cut it off like last time, it was small. 

I told her there is no telling what you will find, except for the dermatologist and you giving me blood pressure medicine I have not had a checkup in 30 years and it's not like I tried to take care of myself in any way, she laughed.

Then she says it's not to late to start, well kind of yea and what fun is that.   I'll do like most people do, only change when the trouble really starts if it does ?

I have reached my goal anyway, I am now the oldest living male in my immediate family, I am less that a year older then the age my dad died at, that was my goal. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

I'll do like most people do, only change when the trouble really starts if it does ?

A friend from church was teasing me about my diet of del taco.  I told him, "so what, if I have a heart attack and die, then I'll get to enjoy Heaven before you do."  He said, "You're presupposing that you'll die from that heart attack and not just maimed."  

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

I am less that a year older then the age my dad died at, that was my goal. 

If I make it till next month, I'll have outlived my Dad by 25 years (he died at 35) and my Mom by 27 years (she died at 33). 

the body is resilient in many ways ... do what you can take to take care of what is left of you. I hope there is no blockage.

1 hour ago, rplace said:

You are correct, sir. From our greyhound days. We have stuff all over the house. Time to start over with a mixed breed collection.

Have I got a deal for you. A neighbors dog who barks too much for my taste would be a nice way to stature your collection. Drive here, listen to the Jubes, drink some coffee and on your way out reach over the fence for your instant dog. Good riddance - I mean you’re welcome 😊 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

A friend from church was teasing me about my diet of del taco.

Steve... they are building a del taco about five minutes from my house. Now you will have to come visit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Got any pics you could send me? I know someone (two sisters), in their own house who have two and might like a new one. Theirs are probably up around 10+ years old now.

His name is Rufas.

I was very worried when he first came as he bolted off into the woods.  My wife whistled for him (yeah yeah, I can't whistle like that) and he came racing out of the woods so he is more responsive than I originally thought)

L.O.V.E.S. to go chase a ball, stick, cat, just about anything that he can run after.

DSCN7875.JPG

DSCN7873.JPG

• Like 2