Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well this is for you, the cooking master. :o

Wife used huge roasting pot to make a beef roast, potatoes, carrots and onions and whatever else she put in it ? It's good 

image.jpeg

Let me tell you a humorous story.  When I was nine years old, I got adopted.  One night at dinner with the new family there is something that looks similar to that. I asked "what is this?"

Beef stew was the answer.  I said, "But, it's not red."  Beef stew is brown is the reply that I got. "No ... all food must be red" and out comes the ketchup.

It wasn't ketchup that made me think food should be red ... it's my Portuguese heritage ... everything was made with tomato sauce.  My cousins laugh when I tell this story because they know that their Mom (who I lived with for awhile after my folks died) put tomato sauce in everything. 

But, that does look good .. I'd eat it ... especially if you had some biscuits to go with it. 

I remember being a kid and my mom threatening to give me and my dad a bowl of ketchup and a loaf of bread for dinner ... I was so excited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well this is for you, the cooking master. :o

Wife used huge roasting pot to make a beef roast, potatoes, carrots and onions and whatever else she put in it ? It's good 

image.jpeg

Now your making hungry

• Like 4

me too... even with the temps hovering near 110`. Looks like my mom's beef stew.

I had a cucumber, onion and tomato salad with vinegar and oil dressing. And a slab of bread for dinner. The cukes and tomato are just for flavoring the onion, in this salad. It basically pickled onion.... the way I proportion the ingredients. I like the onion, so I put more in. I bet Mike @dirtmudd is familiar with this salad.

Internet is slow this AM.

Fresh coffee this AM.

About time for me to turn the animals out....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I had a cucumber, onion and tomato salad with vinegar and oil dressing.

Have a few cucumbers from the garden, been wanting to do the same thing, maby tonight. I like more onions also plus some salt and pepper. It seems to get better in the fridge.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, dtel said:

Have a few cucumbers from the garden, been wanting to do the same thing, maby tonight. I like more onions also plus some salt and pepper. It seems to get better in the fridge.

Add lemon/lime juice....yummmmm:)

• Like 2

put that between two slices of sourdough....

Was chuckling at the weather forecaster. It was 113` in Tucson and he was trying to make it sound like it gets much warmer than that ... excuse --- highest temp ever recorded in Tucson was 117` . Ya think you are really gonna notice 4` more?

Hit and miss rain...   We got a miss today. Did cloud over and wind came cool around 5. That was nice. A little sooner would be better. Did knock the edge off.

oh

spot is still running the way it is supposed to. Hope I didn't jinx myself.  My buddy gave up on spot. told him what I did. he doesn't want to do that... he uses his computer a lot more than I do. Refreshing the browser makes you have to jump thru  hoops with all the sites you use. For me, it wasn't a long list... here, and my email, and spot

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Was chuckling at the weather forecaster. It was 113` in Tucson and he was trying to make it sound like it gets much warmer than that ... excuse --- highest temp ever recorded in Tucson was 117` . Ya think you are really gonna notice 4` more?

Official temp 117 in my area. It was noticeable. Tomatos and fig tree are stressed. Did about 1.5 hrs of yard work in divided doses: 20 minutes of work to 1 hr cooling off and hydration. Wife bought two rolls of artificial turf and wants it installed in the backyard. It may wait for winter......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JBCODD said:

artificial turf

there's an oxymoron if there ever was ...

I still laugh at ads for "turf" companies that unroll plastic grass and call it turf.  They used to paint grass green for the winter. I thought that was pretty funny, too. It faded out to looking "natural".. but when the paint was first put down....it was day-glo green.

I take "a dip" in the kiddie pool. That buys me a few minutes of time to work.

• Like 3

Temps a bit milder in So. Cal. Those 115 degree temps in Arizona are pretty wild.  Lots of 7's on the Atomic clock this AM.   For those too lazy to zoom in,  bottom #'s are temp on the left and humidity.

Oh, and behind the time, is thyme.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 5

@Shiva What a diff. 15 miles(as crow flies) can make. It was 105 in Murrieta over the weekend. Spent about 4.5 hours weed whacking Saturday, thought I was gonna die.(Hey I'm 65) Thank God for relatively low humidity. Got to go to Mass(church) later in the afternoon for the first time in 4(?) months. Also tried the Q tonic later in the evening finally for the first time. I'm no connoisseur of Gin and Tonic so all I can say is it was OK.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

.(Hey I'm 65)

Didn't know that, thought you were younger, you looked younger. But yes weed wacking will kill you in the heat, or it will feel like it.

• Like 3