Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Don't know what that means, would imagine it's better than going to the brain ? A hitch is a small price to pay, he got off easy it seems.

I would suspect that a brain stem stroke could be very serious, because that’s a very basic component of our brain, maybe the doorway to the spinal column.  Strokes in the brain can cause various cognitive issues, but I’d think that if the brain stem was badly damaged, it could cause a shutdown of everything above it.

But I’m not a doctor, and that’s just a guess.  If your father-in-law is able to walk almost normally, that’s great news!  I hope he continues to improve.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2020 at 6:55 PM, grasshopper said:

Hi folks

I don't ask much or often

Could y'all say a prayer for my father-in-law?

He's 80 and had a stroke today.

His name is Albert .

thanks

hope your father in law is doing better ----keep us posted , prayers are sent ---

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Islander said:

would suspect that a brain stem stroke could be very serious, because that’s a very basic component of our brain,

that's kinda what I thought, too. Was telling wife that portion of the brain deals with autonomous functions, like breathing.  He seems to be doing better than I would have expected.... not complaining... just surprised

9 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

hope your father in law is doing better ----keep us posted , prayers are sent ---

I get updates from wife thru her sister...  prolly no new news until this evening.

I credit his speedy recovery with a little help from my friends

thank again.

-------------------------------------------------------

Kinda feels like a nice summer morning in IN. Moist and a little cool. My rolling papers [interleaved] have turned to toilet paper. Pull one and the rest trail out.  They just peel apart, until it dries out. That doesn't look to be happening for a few days. 60% chance of precip today/tomorrow... Flash Flood Watch thru tomorrow.

Fried chicken last night. Need to do something with the other half... I have an idea. Not a recipe... This could be interesting.  Chicken chili. Green chile sauce with  pinto beans. We will see.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

went to a tavern with a friend yesterday afternoon.  He ordered chicken mac & cheese as an appetizer.  Looked pretty good.  I had wings.

Wow, not sure what I would have done if you didn't tell us that.  This isn't facebook and we don't need to know everything you do.  No picture, so really didn't happen anyway.  LMAO

How are things in N.C.?  Hope all is well.  

• Haha 3

On 7/21/2020 at 6:55 PM, grasshopper said:

Hi folks

I don't ask much or often

Could y'all say a prayer for my father-in-law?

He's 80 and had a stroke today.

His name is Albert .

thanks

Hello Bill

Just a follow up. Me and “The Big Guy” had a conversation in regards to Albert and this is how it went :

I started off saying that I didn’t know Albert or yourself but that didn’t really matter. What did matter was Albert was currently having an issue that I was asking that He look into. I started with asking that He give Albert love & understanding.... He stopped me right there and just smiled, (that Big O’l God Smile) which means “thank you for caring and I hear you, I am very fond of Albert and the family, I’ve got this”

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Wow, not sure what I would have done if you didn't tell us that.  This isn't facebook and we don't need to know everything you do.  No picture, so really didn't happen anyway.  LMAO

How are things in N.C.?  Hope all is well.  

Well actually I was giving grass hopper an idea about his left over chicken and a possible solution.  Yeah life in the slow lane.  Staying in and drinking more..........

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Well actually I was giving grass hopper an idea about his left over chicken and a possible solution.  Yeah life in the slow lane.  Staying in and drinking more..........

Lots of entertainment here in the lounge just watching all of the pots coming out to call the kettle black. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

But you wouldn't do anything like that right?

No.  I stand on my own, and I won't name names either.  Plus, as all know, I have never snitched.  Capisce?

When have I ever said, I come here to get away from this stuff, when the record shows they have posted the same thing they say they wanted to get away from?  Get this straight.  I don't come here to get away from anything.  And I don't tie up the moderators time with petty (*****) complaints.

If i were complaining about others who complain to the moderators, while complaining to them myself, then I would be a pot calling the kettle black.  But ask any of them if I have ever done so.  Ask any of them if I have ever reported a post.  So don't even start with any insinuations to the contrary.

• Haha 1

Happy Thursday to all here...Took tomorrow off, I've been taking a lot of Fridays off lately...

I'm very lucky to still be working, a lot of folks are out of work. I'm not retired yet, as I get older doing what I'm doing where I'm doing it at is becoming a struggle for me.

Tunes @Home with a few beers or two along with this forum just to read stuff I did not know about is good stuff in my mind.

I've voiced my political views here at Klipsch Forum and I know I've crossed the line...Sorry for the headache folks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

If i were complaining about others who complain to the moderators, while complaining to them myself, then I would be a pot calling the kettle black.  But ask any of them if I have ever done so.  Ask any of them if I have ever reported a post.  So don't even start with any insinuations to the contrary.

Don't get your panties in a wad ot......just teasing you.

• Like 1