Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

earlier I mentioned it feeling like IN...

It was 75` and 79%r/h. 

Made chicken chili... didn't really need [all] the Sambal sauce I put in it. It had a bite.  The slow burn type of hot. Didn't notice how warm it was until after it hit my stomach.  I had beads of sweat on my brow when I finished the bowl.

I'd rate it a good solid medium in heat. Hot is too warm to eat...

Wife knocked off work early. Got home about noon thirty... just before the flash flood warning.

no new news on FIL. I trust things are as good as can be or we would have heard about it.

there were two crickets in plain sight when I came into the doghouse. Killed them. I'm not getting competition from them over the stereo.  For the last two weeks, as soon as I put music on... they would start chirping.  I warned them.

Net is slow/weak. That I can say that is something. We have electricity.

• Like 3

Humidity has been brutal for the past week here in the Piedmont. Heat most days moderate (mid 90s) unless talking to my new friend from NW Pennsylvania.

Didn't tell him I saw a kid have a heat stroke when it was only mid 80s and dry in MA back in the summer of `96 I think.

Oh well we don't get the kind of persistent cold here that someone from up there would don a heavy coat for anymore, it's all relative.

Good coffee, easy Sheryl Crow from the youtube thread and got the preliminary probate papers done and filed.

Did not realize you had to make an appointment to go to the bank now-a-days! Courthouse is funny too 9a to 12p and that's it.

At least we don't have the monsters roaming the streets like the ones in "Resident Evil"

wait... :blush:

• Like 4

We have to make an appt to get in the DMV .

one nice thing. No waiting in line.

Ya know how MLB is piping crowd noise in... why not take it a step further? Put cameras in every seat and assign a ticket holder holder to each camera. Get live feed and you have virtual attendance.

Looks like we might get some of that storm in the gulf. We could get a bunch of rain from it and then it could scour out our monsoon weather pattern. Setting us up for more dry... 

Temps are right nice... highs [predicted] under 90` today. It still damp. No complaints.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

got the preliminary probate papers done and filed.

Do you have a lawyer? They make it much easier. Was worth the money when I was executor of my dad's estate. No court dates to worry...Settles contentious beneficiaries. Dad's gf was a pain [she hired a lawyer to make sure she got hers] and backed right down when she found I had someone handling it.

Since she wanted to make stink, I sent her piece to her lawyer, to make sure I had a witness to her receiving her benefit. I really wanted to give her hers in cash... A truck load of pennies dropped in her front yard.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Do you have a lawyer? They make it much easier. Was worth the money when I was executor of my dad's estate. No court dates to worry...Settles contentious beneficiaries. Dad's gf was a pain [she hired a lawyer to make sure she got hers] and backed right down when she found I had someone handling it.

Still shopping for one.

Brother tried to take it out of my hands? the first week. Second week (called bullya!) I went into search and contact, most of the jerks did not reply four out of seven contacted did. First wasn't a good fit, second talked his game. Kept saying his boss would be back next week like he wasn't a capable attorney.  $7K retainer is a no go when the guy waiting on his boss to do the probate can't accept that I'm doing the preliminary on my own and maybe the final too (really need legal double checks on this one).

One that has been in contact while on vacation will likely get the gig Monday when back in the office. Got things to do before I even have the executor moniker.

• Like 2

Yep, ridiculous.

Others were 2 or 3, the husband and wife team don't have one and do hourly only. I know any of `em can stick you with that, but the relative helping me is leaning towards them also, and with what he's doing I'm giving him the proper leeway due to him.

• Like 2

I'm cheap, financially challenged or whatever you could label it with!

Preliminary was easy with info I have here and knowledge of no incoming interference from no one I know of.

Take care of debts then open it up and wait.

So the heading towards the hills thing? Halfway there I could still get my Google Fi phone service and high speed internet for the phone, pc & tv.

Might sell the honda and see if there's a decent small block made out of steel C-10, Nova or Demon out there... dreaming `cause this isn't the 80s those are few and pricy if they are out there now.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Ya know how MLB is piping crowd noise in... why not take it a step further? Put cameras in every seat and assign a ticket holder holder to each camera. Get live feed and you have virtual attendance.

The Oakland Athletics and at least one other MLB club are offering season ticket holders a golden opportunity. For about $600, they will make a corplast cutout of your uploaded image, and place it in your seat. If that image gets hit with a foul ball, said ball is mailed to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3