Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

29 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

we prefer to call it frugal

That's a more nice label I fit under when I can in my new life.

Real story, the brother of an acquaintance from here that I roomed with in ATL going to school was of a stereotyped heritage. When I snapped a pic of him counting pennies one time you should have seen the look on his face when the picture came out! (on physical paper the next week) Living with him seeing how he did with those finances that weren't more than mine I began to admire him! So I've aspired to be a better Jewish person since, even though I'm not one.

The best person ever was one so nothing's bad about that!

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'm cheap, financially challenged or whatever you could label it with!

I'm with you on that 100%

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

we prefer to call it frugal

That's what my wife calls me when I say I am cheap. 

She laughs at me, I have something I have been wanting/needing for a long time and it's not cheap, yes I want it but have a have time parting with the money. The price is supposed to change on the first of the month, the wife says why don't you go talk to them and at least pay for it. I said I want to, but it's alot of money, she just makes that face. I will go do it but it kind of hurts even with as much as I want it. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can't relax and eat out.

Keep thinking about what I could be eating at home. So what if I have to clean the kitchen.

Surf and turf comes to mind when I cash out at McD's

After mellowing overnight... the chili is still pretty warm. Doesn't seem spicy until you're halfway thru the bowl. My mouth was zinging for a half hour after eating some for breakfast.... no sour cream on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I can't relax and eat out.

Keep thinking about what I could be eating at home. So what if I have to clean the kitchen.

Surf and turf comes to mind when I cash out at McD's

Yuuuuuuuup, nuttin like a #1 and a #5 McValue meal.  About as close to surf & turf around here.  How DO you eat all of that?  hahahaha  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

The price is supposed to change on the first of the month,  :lol:

when the price lowers ,  I say to my Wife  , see , we saved , then she gives me a  list , for next month

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:
18 minutes ago, dtel said:

The price is supposed to change on the first of the month,  :lol:

when the price lowers ,  I say to my Wife  , see , we saved , then she gives me a  list , for next month

It's not going down, if it was i could easily wait.

The other day I was smoking some food and one of the probes on my thermometer stopped reading, I just used the other, it has two. It's to watch the internal temp of the meat. 

I started looking, the probes were $20 each just about everywhere. I then ran across a site that had them on clearance same brand , and they were better being a couple feet longer, $4 each so I got two , with shipping it was about 1/2 the price of one everywhere else. They were delivered yesterday, it pays to look around.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's not going down, if it was i could easily wait.

t pays to look around

Yes Sir , We have liquidation warehouses  around here - way better quality than the stuff at home depot  /high end manufacturer end of lines at 1/2 their value -

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

eating it isn't a problem. Not getting sick might be a trick.

I got some funny looks when I ordered a 2nd plate of EggsBenedict.... even more when I ate it all. Waitress asked if she could get me anything else...

"Yes, a large glass of OJ and another cup of coffee"

Like eggs Benedict but I cant find Canadian bacon anywhere anymore it all states turkey under where it says what it's supposed to be. NO that isn't it I know I used to put it on pizza I made and eggs benedict with the Knorrs sauce on it. Can't mess those packets up and it is very good stuff! It has a pink hue to it.

McD's

Loved the quarter pounders w/cheese when I was a kid. Twenty years ago after moving back here I went and got one one day. There was a peel off thing on the drink, won another quarterpounder and ate it too. Two burgers and fries and a sprite right? I puked `till my toes curled up inside my boots as soon as I got home thirty minutes later. I mean my guts were emptied.

Never again, it's simple they were the first with the fake beef in the 60s weren't they??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Like eggs Benedict but I cant find Canadian bacon anywhere anymore it all states turkey under where it says what it's supposed to be. NO that isn't it I know I used to put it on pizza I made and eggs benedict with the Knorrs sauce on it. Can't mess those packets up and it is very good stuff! It has a pink hue to it.

I was in Australia

The eggs had orange , not yellow, yolks.   When I do bust loose to eat out, I expect it to cost $30/plate at a sit down restaurant. -... not including a bottle of wine or...

2 hours ago, dtel said:

they were better being a couple feet longer, $4 each so I got two , with shipping it was about 1/2 the price of one everywhere else. They were delivered yesterday, it pays to look around.

When I was in the salvage yard, I snagged a half dozen of the part for the washing machine.   Free , my favorite price

There were a few machines that were easy...

• Like 1