Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 7/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, dirtmudd said:

Dr. McCoy is thinking, “Think unsexy thoughts!  Think unsexy thoughts!”

DeForest Kelley is thinking, “Keep a straight face!  Keep a straight face!”

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You obviously haven't been out to a "sit down" post Wuhan.  Everything is going up.

I haven't been to a sit down place (or ordered take out for that matter) in the time of corona virus. But, I notice prices at the grocery store are up several percent. 

have a nice Friday night Carl.

22 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

My wife farmed me out to Co. to do some chores for my daughter. A bit of landscaping (3 tons of pea gravel) and a set of stairs for the deck.

with this heat , 

what's the matter, Steve? Your shoes melt to the jetway?

about 3000ft difference in elevation between there and here. 

Phoenix is central to lot of recreation, tho.  Like living in Lihue, Kauai. Nothing immediately there... close to everything, if a 45minute drive isn't too much.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, grasshopper said:

what's the matter, Steve? Your shoes melt to the jetway?

I was comfortable inside the plane -- just sat there for awhile. not sure why we could sit in a plane with the engine running but couldn't take off.  

guess Southwest Airlines was studying the "will it take off thread" from this forum.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Fresh eggs are $3/doz here.

Won't say, they aren't worth...

Hard to compete with the "factories" where price is concerned.

We're still enjoying our nice midwestern days. Summers are sorta like the rest of the country...w/o the tornadic t-storms

We have a close by farm  , farm which sells eggs at  4$ a dozen , brown eggs , and big -large eggs , but since the pandemic , you gotta call to reserve eggs , ,they sell out every day -

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

last year, they were cancelling flights to/from Phoenix because of a thin air thing due to heat

https://www.tripsavvy.com/planes-at-phoenix-sky-harbor-airport-2682513

A grasshopper hops into a bar. The bartender says, "You're quite a celebrity around here. We've even got a drink named after you." The grasshopper says, "You've got a drink named Steve?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

We have a close by farm  , farm which sells eggs at  4$ a dozen , brown eggs , and big -large eggs , but since the pandemic , you gotta call to reserve eggs , ,they sell out every day -

There are folks [immediately] in town that have chickens. We can get duck eggs if we want to drive 10 miles.

This place had coops and all the things to raise chickens/eggs. Fallen into disrepair long before we bought.  I have entertained thought of resurrecting them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Saturday to all here @CC&C I have some David Bowie playing and a few drinks flowing. Recipe below.

1/2 a fresh lime squeezed into a tall frozen glass.

1 shot pineapple juice.

1 shot Bacardi rum.

Ice to half full.

Top with Squirt soda.

Take a fork and push it down a few times

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Never tried lime & pineapple together but I used to love my Bacardi Rum!

Just a shot once or twice a week now of my new favorite bourbon. It does bite a little, think I'll put it in the freezer and make syrup out of it right now!

• Like 3