Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

Trying a new coffee this week. How does everyone store bulk coffee? I assume a dark airtight container. Any recommendations? I also assume it may be better to store whole beans and grind as needed, still need to get a grinder. But for now I had to grind the whole bag at the store.6e0652f3f1d1ae937db4e7bfc60b7b9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My coffee for 6 years.  Grind it as I need it and left in the bag.

IMG_1642.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Locally roasted [two blocks away], so it is pretty fresh.

They just throw in on a metal roof for a day or two depending on the darkness they want. 

• Haha 3

Darn it's hot, too hot for me today.

Every year lately ladies walking around stop and tell me it's too hot to be doing yardwork. "Why are you out in the hottest part of the day doing yardwork?" Recently even talkative dudes will say the same.

Like last week when it was hotter I'll say I've lived here off and on since `65, how `bout you? The grass, bushes & weeds don't grow in the winter too good.

But today my tubes still hurt from the asteroids I let rip yesterday morning with that reddish leak first thing. Have less than six dope pills left so two 500mg aspirin every four hours yesterday and today too, can't do that more than four times.

Think the bunnies might move, I cleared stuff out from that stretch of fence today. Heard them scurrying away from where I was. This was about an hour ago 2:30pm, it's been hanging right there since noon. All that rain we've been getting will dissipate with another week like this, but we haven't been two days without a thunderstorm since about May. 

IMG-20200728-150849.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, JohnJ said:

ruined with that darned high fructose a couple years ago

Ruined most everything, and it isn't good for the body...

We can get softdrinks with cane sugar at WallyWorld or the local Carnicerias.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

Ruined most everything, and it isn't good for the body...

We can get softdrinks with cane sugar at WallyWorld or the local Carnicerias.

& I've got my own cure for that:

IMG-20200728-205623.jpg

It's real close to water for hydration with a scant half cup sugar per gallon.

That filtered water makes the flavors come through clean:smile:

• Like 1

Mornin' all

How's everyone?

Looking like we're in for another hot one. Shaping up to be a long, hot summer. We got a spot of rain yesterday. Knocked the temp down for an hour or two. Then the sun came out and it got [I dare say] steamy.  Not to folk anywhere else...

Still calling for chance of rain. Can't say it won't be sunny and hot enough to stir a few storms up.  It gonna be warm if you are where it's not. Nice right now. High 60's/low 70's. Sun isn't quite up, either.

not sure what flavor this coffee is. Tastes extra good this AM. It's either Peruvian or Mexican. Those are my regulars.

Contemplating buying a van. Buddy has an older Chevy [I think it's a Chevy].  I need a "toter" type vehicle.  Mostly to haul the boat to the lake. A trailer and hitch will cost more than the van... Not to mention the road makes trailering an adventure. Lots of little dips. Near qualifies as a narrow mountain road. You can pass a vehicle from the opposite direction, but ya both have to run right to the raged edge of the road.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 7/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, oldtimer said:

Even still, none of it is good for you.

You Sound like my mom now.

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Once you are past high school you have no need for "rum and coke."

I still do some things I did in HS.

Not crazy about rum anyway, and hate coke.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

How's everyone?

Mostly not living in the desert. 

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Looking like we're in for another hot one. Shaping up to be a long, hot summer.

Even hotter in the desert. Your better than me.

It has rained 1-3 inches everyday for the last week, my grass is up to my knees.

• Like 2

• Moderators

That's true, if I was a short as Christy it would be much taller. The grass is really thick but it's really the seeds that make it look so high. I hate cutting when it's this high it leaves so many clumps of cut grass laying around.

• Moderators

Well we went and did something I have been wanting for long time. We went and paid for a metal building frame, everything but the slab 24'x30'x10' sides.

Since I am cheap I will put it together myself, looks pretty easy, this company sells some really nice kits, very well built. I have went and talked with two different people around here who bought from the same people, one is completed and the other is half done. Thinking about getting the slab done soon and start working on it in the fall when it cools off a little, if i can hold off that long.

• Like 4

we haven't had enough rain to make green. I have a patch of tif-green.  It hasn't done anything. If I hadn't watered it , the ground would still be hard.  I can see dirt between the grass. 

because I know that if you think you saw something move ... you did.  I spent ten or 15 minutes looking something I saw move...then watching. What I saw was a bunch of small beetles. No bigger than a grain of rice. They moved real fast and then stopped. Looks like they were hunting. I saw one take out a gnat size thing.

Am I taking life a little too slow?

Nice, Elden

Those metal buildings will last forever down here. You don't even have to paint them.  Plastic and rubber  have a short half-life here.

I come across old beer cans when I cut wood.... The ones that take a church key.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1