Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I hope you listened to her.  I'm glad to be in good company.

I did, as far as she knew. No I told her the truth if she asked something, if it was bad she would say don't let your dad find out.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Nice.  That's not a lot smaller than my house.  I always wanted a shed...maybe some day....

I have been wanting one for years.

Well it's just mostly for woodworking and making the stuff we sell. Plus the 24x30 was a great price everything complete including tax was $7100, i just need a slab now. Only thing extra was another roll up door opening on the other end, two total. they do not do the roll up doors just the trimmed openings but there is a place local who does. Plus I got the higher wind rated at 145mph, code is 115mph.

I researched alot and this building was the best by far especially for the price and the distributor is 5 miles from our house.

https://www.centralstatesmfg.com/centraseries/

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Nice, Elden

Those metal buildings will last forever down here. You don't even have to paint them.  Plastic and rubber  have a short half-life here.

I come across old beer cans when I cut wood.... The ones that take a church key.

Well at 62 it will not take much to outlast me.

But it does have a 30 year color fade warranty, but they will not have to worry about that either, but if I did make it to 92 I probably wouldn't care anyway.

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

because I know that if you think you saw something move ... you did.  I spent ten or 15 minutes looking something I saw move...then watching. What I saw was a bunch of small beetles. No bigger than a grain of rice. They moved real fast and then stopped. Looks like they were hunting. I saw one take out a gnat size thing.

Am I taking life a little too slow?

Had something similar happen right before the sunset, we were sitting outside and my wife's cousin said there is a mouse in the driveway. I go get a flashlight to go look and it went under a car, it was a small turtle. Thought it was moving slow for a mouse

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

the distributor is 5 miles from our house.

https://www.centralstatesmfg.com/centraseries/

----------nice big garage for al the farm tools and tractors , and even a  garage to fix your machines ,  do yourself a favor ----ask the contractor to dig you a  pit for oil changes and undercarriage repair  -, and no more crawling under a car --------when you dont need it ----slide a   metal grille right over  it  ----------any water flooding will go right into the pit -------

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Elden @dtel already thinks I'm strange; but this should remove all doubt, because  I understand some of this ..

you should have been a musician in a band rather than in the  Military -----and they say that opposites attract each other  too ------well , you're the perfect example and I am sure you would not change anything -it's all good , just different strokes for different folks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

----------nice big garage for al the farm tools and tractors , and even a  garage to fix your machines ,  do yourself a favor ----ask the contractor to dig you a  pit for oil changes and undercarriage repair  -, and no more crawling under a car --------when you dont need it ----slide a   metal grille right over  it  ----------any water flooding will go right into the pit -------

That would be good, but i have no intentions on working on cars unless it's a last resort. I might change oil, maby or do a break job IF it is disc brakes, that's about the extent i'm interested in with our cars. I played with cars when I was younger, little sports cars mostly but got over it, now a car is to get me somewhere, that's about it.

It's mostly for wood working tools and I already have a bunch, I do have regular tools, except for fixing what breaks I hope to never use them. I do like woodworking, designing and painting signs, glass etching and a little welding/fitting.

I already have my speakers for the shop, not sure what electronics to use, it may be like out in the yard tiki bar? That's a Pioneer Supertuner lll with pre-outs and a crown D 75 for power. It needs to be something that can take temperature and humidity changes, and some dust and sawdust until it's blown off with a blower. :lol: 

I know it's going to take time, but I am excited about it, just to have more room to do what I want.

• Like 2

Oldtimer said it... that shed is near as big as my house... Same here. Our house is 800 - 900sq/ft.... minus the 8 for the LS.

Something a little different.

A few weeks ago the forest service was warning hikers in Madera Canyon about bears. Yeah, we have a few. Nothing noteworthy there...

Today, on the news, they are/were saying hikers [in the same area] have been being , and I quote, "terrorized" by a couple of goats. That is unusual. We don't have feral goats, generally speaking.

• Haha 3

• Moderators

They may have meant old goats ? I didn't know they had bears out there, for the first time in many years one was spotted here, it ran onto a road and got hit by a car on Memorial day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

plenty of old goats up there. Just not 4 legged

https://www.sahuaritasun.com/news/goat-is-killed-by-forest-service-after-terrorizing-hikers/article_1d941ff5-84b7-5ed7-8829-defcccaa9252.html

we have a few bears. Don't find them "down the hill" very often. Weather will drive them out from the hills and down into the valley.

https://patch.com/arizona/tucson/bear-spotted-santa-cruz-county-community

• Like 2

Second coffee today, and yea better believe it had a glass of water before each one!

Made a big sausage and egg sandwich with mustard and cheese on it and man I feel better. Some days just don't cut it with my two meals and that's it, like I've been doing lately. But heck I do hate washing and cleaning so I have put a severe dent in the amount of that I have to do. Unfortunately whipping the yard back into form from its neglected state, I've been tracking stuff in a lot and I check my boots and leave them on the porch if they've got mud in the tread. So I still have to vacuum every week.

Watch out @dtel having more space all the sudden has always caused me to acquire more stuff. Now I've got to figure out what will stay with me and what won't!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My first is Coffee, nuff said!

Food just once lately, like you. With supplements that I need anyhow & the whole food vitamin/mineral thing cause I'm not eating right.

* Finally got an attorney that we think is sharp, honest and not out to get rich off of just this one client  :emotion-19:

Now where did I put all that imaginary money?

ARS sang "Imaginary Lover" worked not forked tounged so can't get that $ to work!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

plenty of old goats up there. Just not 4 legged

, last year , we're out in the woods further out of Quebec City  ,I  heard  thumping in the ground , and you could feel  the earth vibrating , 30 seconds  later , a  Moose came out  of the forest like out of thin air  at full speed  , all I could do was get out of his way before he ran me over ,  all he was doing was having fun plowing   through the woods   I think I would have been less scared if it was a black bear -

• Haha 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Watch out @dtel having more space all the sudden has always caused me to acquire more stuff. Now I've got to figure out what will stay with me and what won't!

I don't need any more stuff, well maby a few little things, just got a drill bit sharpener, I have about 150 bits and about 10 sharp ones, it's cheaper to resharpen. Also got a new ladder, i will need it to put together a shed, went with this one. It's one of those multi position ladders, I would rather fall off a good one.

But I'm sure I will run across something I will need. Pleas feel free to get whatever you need. :emotion-14: Get rid of two and get one new one. :lol:

gorilla-ladders-multi-position-ladders-glmpxt-23-64_1000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We called those Ginsu ladders when they came out.. or when I noticed them in the early 90s! Not as light as an extension ladder but they are handy sometimes.

Gorilla Tape makes it? They might have a leg up on their competition because they made their name with that excellent duct tape long ago!

• Like 4

• Moderators

I don't think it's made by that company but who knows ? From all the ladder companies they had the best reviews, only problem is it is heavy, but that's ok with me if it's solid and not shaky. 

It's rated to hold 375 pounds on each side, it is the first ladder I have been on that is not rated under what I weigh, 265. I got the one that's 10' tall in the normal A layout.  

• Like 2