Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I slept in... and missed the cool of morning. Ain't nothin' happening outside.. except sitting in the kiddie pool now. We got a sniff of rain last night. Dandy light show... no rain.  Better chances predicted today.  They always say that.  I'll believe it when I can feel it. Seeing it isn't good enough.

Frank [my pizza predator cat. He doesn't get into things... but pizza is too much temptation -- Garfield ain't got nothin' on him] caught a vermillion flycatcher this AM.  He was headed into the house with it.  He's neat about these things. He takes his catch to his bowl before he eats it. No feathers all over the house....

Took it away from him.and tossed it toward the ash can... and it flew up into a tree. I was quite surprised.

Wife went to church... I did my Sunday thing. Vacuum. Then time for my "services". Don't have to worry about bothering the neighbor... she's at church, too. Turn the music up...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

let's hope you're completely wrong  - I  would hate  for you to have to  move to Alaska

I spent 2 months in AK... January and February.   I don't like going places in tourist season...

Casual observation

covid doesn't seem to be bothered by extreme temp, that we can survive ...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

I spent 2 months in AK... January and February.   I don't like going places in tourist season...

Casual observation

covid doesn't seem to be bothered by extreme temp, high or low, that we can survive

and it  is even more virulent  on wet , humid surfaces -

• Like 1

Ay Yay Yaaayy, spent just about all day fighting with windoze again. Took a lunch and afternoon break, but I'm outta here.

Couple hours backing important stuff up then wiping drives and starting over.

Tired of being here at the desk, got to leave this room for safety reasons! Might start breaking stuff now that it's doing right again!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, grasshopper said:

grasshopper sez,  "No man can be master. One cannot know all that it takes"

in the grand scale of things... we don't know dookie

@Tarheel

How you doing? My time frame is skewed. The map I saw, looked like the storm is breathing down yer neck. Or was that a projected thing

A rain day and the storm, in whatever strength it becomes, is due in around 8pm.  Not too worried about this one and after Covid and rioting I'm a bit slap happy.  Did wake up yesterday with a fever and said "here we go" but fever gone and feeling better today.  Jake and the LF inside and the bubble is in the garage so I'm squared away. Thanks for asking!

• Like 2

Hey Willie, it's not that bad, but it did mess up my day. With the list of what I have to do losing a couple days a week isn't going to make a big difference. And it is always the software with winten. Got an update the other morning and they destroy all of my control over the graphics card and motherboard chipset of the AMD variety. It actually dumbed down my graphics card and the visual aspects / acuity of everything on the screen just went to he)(. Then uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers do not work.

Maybe their twisted minds think that if they hobble a powerful graphics card and the other hardware that means it that will save electricity? I want to choose how many electrons that I use, and how I use them. That's why i have to run my washer & dryer more that once sometimes to get the dirty clothes clean and dry.

When you reach a certain age and someone tries to exert their will on you it gets even more hard to acquiesce.

There was this one that tried that on me for a few months when I was in my twenties.... made for some good "play-time" but then.... get your pants and get out the f'n door!

I'm more than twice that age now, and really stubborn! Now after yesterday's frustration.... it's chainsaw day, hope there aren't any more hornets nests out there in the overgrown perimeter.

Glad that storm never got monstrous  @Tarheel they usually get stronger in the shallows between the islands and FL.

Still got to watch out, all those tropical systems can spin up twisters without any effort at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Hey Willie, it's not that bad, but it did mess up my day.

I'm afraid I would have taken my favorite tool [a hammer] to the problem

Wife had an update on her computer [windows] yesterday, and after it installed, she was blessed with b&w graphics.  She was not happy. Neither of us are particularly computer savvy, but we muddled thru it and got her color back. I know... a simple fix for someone that knows a little.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I'm afraid I would have taken my favorite tool [a hammer] to the problem

Wife had an update on her computer [windows] yesterday, and after it installed, she was blessed with b&w graphics.  She was not happy. Neither of us are particularly computer savvy, but we muddled thru it and got her color back. I know... a simple fix for someone that knows a little.

Yep they do it to all of us, see if downloading the graphics driver and re-installing will work for it, they love to downgrade the drivers to a version from six months ago!

That husky 350 chainsaw that I traded for a lawn mower was a good one. This smaller one the nice fella loaned to me just won't stay running when the chain is engaged. Huskys have a bar you can knock away to disengage the chain is there is a mishap.  

This is a safety saw the blade touches wood and the motor turns off:tongue:

Two bands of gnarly storm clouds came through earlier... more rain but it is in the mid 70s today!!

• Like 2

Wife's had something to do with the grey scale. Beyond that, my computer ignorance takes over.

Since I reloaded firefox, spotify has been fine... for the moment

I considered that a major feat for my computer skills

Was telling the wife that I think computers should be treated like motorized vehicles.  Not until a child is 16 or 18 or 21years old before they can operate one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing fancy but it's mmm, mmm good to me. Plain Neeses sausage with a few diced up j a p s in there.

Now if I could find more of my new addiction, they're not at the grocer anymore LaPreferida says they are at the Big Lots but the only one not an hour away from me does not have any more. Must have ripe jalapenos, I'm going to the mexican grocer and look there, won't make it out of there without tamales and who knows what else even if they don't have my pretty little red jalapenos.

IMG-20200803-174223.jpg

• Like 1