Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@grasshopper  Hey Bill ... what can you tell me about Sedona, AZ?  Saw it on television and didn't look like a bad place. A bit higher altitude than I've ever lived but only by about 400 feet. 

I like secluded places that are still close to a big city. Looks like Flagstaff and Phoenix aren't too far. 

Any advice?

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, babadono said:

And all this time I thought the "answer" was blowing in the wind:)

By all means any and all in the path stay safe.

It is, and if it hits you you will even know the answer to what happens when we die and answers to other questions we have.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Or weeks. :sad:

I'll never forget sleeping without AC when it was still over 80 waking up at dawn. 11 days without in the biggest burg in NC three hours from the Charleston landing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, babadono said:

Direct hit? Of what? Lightning or wind? Or what?

14" Pine tree cut it in half and turned it over.  Just looked at it and left.  May go over and see what is salvageable and rent a Pod till a new shed can be built.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Panic level here. Out of regular coffee. Been using espresso beans (expensive) for drip in the morning. Now that is about gone. Also low on TP and paper towels. Ate the last frozen NY strip over the weekend. Time for a Costco run.

Just wind and heavy rain up coats from @Tarheel inland a bit so that helps. Sorry for the shed.....golf clubs better than speakers. Again sorry but glad you are ok.

2627e3adc4647f104b88d90064f8e614c47a0382.jpeg.887e751ddd98378e4b0db060bef1c621.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, bluesboy said:

That's one thing I don't miss about North Carolina. Going for days without power and AC after hurricanes.

We went 8 days with no power after Rita.  Hottest week of the year.  We slept on the tile floors as that was the coolest spot in the house.  The mosquitos were so bad that they were spraying with an army cargo plane.   6 months after that we got a whole house generator.  Never again. 

• Like 3

The years we lived in Wisconsin, out in the country at the end of the electric co-op lines, wenever lost power.

Sitting in Chattanooga in an all electric house... blizzard of '93, with no power for a week.

Fortunately, family friends a few blocks away had a wood stove and lots of room.

We moved that summer...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

6 months after that we got a whole house generator

Nice!

I've got a transfer switch and all the essentials hooked up. Still have to lug the generator out and make the connection. Perfect in the winter as it runs the gas furnace, but won't run the AC in the summer. Luckily it's never out more than 6-12 hours. Can't imagine days without it.....first world problems for sure.

• Like 3

mornin' all

good to hear from folks after the storm. Glad it's gone... if for no other reason than hearing the news mispronounce the name. 

Another "fine" June day. Too bad it's August and should be raining.  If we manage to make average rainfall, it's not gonna do us much good. It will come as a flood.

....oh.. why not?

Would fit in with the rest of the year or plague, pestilence and general unrest.

cabin fever is getting me of late.The weather, or lack of, isn't helping.  It's rained just enough to show me my patch on the roof worked... Prolly won't rain again until the roof is ready to leak...

• Haha 1