Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

48 minutes ago, rplace said:

Nice!

I've got a transfer switch and all the essentials hooked up. Still have to lug the generator out and make the connection. Perfect in the winter as it runs the gas furnace, but won't run the AC in the summer. Luckily it's never out more than 6-12 hours. Can't imagine days without it.....first world problems for sure.

It will actually run our 5 ton unit in the house but if power were out for an extended time we'd move into the garage and use the 1 ton mini split.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Dang Chuck that shed doesn't look to have much age on it at all. The lumber looks fresh.

About 20 years old.  Painted two weeks ago. New roof 3 years ago.  Going to tarp the whole shed till I get a price for demo and new construction.

What would you say building cost with no interior work should run per square foot?  $75-85?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, babadono said:

Cuz they know WTF they're doing.

The power company in Chattanooga does pretty well.. The blizzard in '93 was a bit of an oddity and caught them off guard. At least they can give me gigabit fiber to my house. Up/down speeds are the same, with no restrictions. 😜

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

About 20 years old.  Painted two weeks ago. New roof 3 years ago.  Going to tarp the whole shed till I get a price for demo and new construction.

What would you say building cost with no interior work should run per square foot?  $75-85?

Glad the damage was only to "stuff" and not loved ones. Dodged another bullet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Upside:  Just a shed.

Downside:  Looked like a pretty darn nice shed.  Factor in the latest work on it and the contents and it's another PITA with the insurance company.

Always something it seems.  Drive belt for the side blades on the Cub Cadet disappeared.  Road trip to pick up a new belt and an air filter.  Money isn't an object anymore.  Seems that way around here.  Lil afternoon project I guess.  Then I can mow.  Almost 6" of rain here in the past week.  Yea, I'll be bailing hay if I don't get on it!  Wonder "where" the belt went.  Hmmm guess I'll find it when I hit it...  😂 😂 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, babadono said:

Dang @Tarheel Sorry for the loss of your shed. But like you said its just stuff that can be replaced....with NEW COOLER STUFF.

Note to self...plant no trees near fence, house and now shed.:)

that's the attitude. Hope there weren't things that had sentimental value in there. The fact Chuck has to buy/build a new shed is good news, relative to what could have been.

------------------------------------------

I got a little mental boost today

Went to the store and saw a friend who's been out of circulation for several weeks.  Her family was quarantined due to covid. Everyone in the fam got it.  Was good to see her out and OK. She said she took it pretty hard. The husband and 2 boys didn't take it as bad as she did. She said she was pretty sick.

I was just happy to see her.

• Like 4

Morning boys & girls

Rained so hard right after 4:00 it woke me up. Still awake at 4:30 I made some coffee, it's 6:40 now and that 20 oz is gone. If I make it until two hours from now I'll make another minimum pot.

Have a nice day :)!

• Like 2

oh, shut up!  jk jk

we're in for more Sunny and Warm.  Year to date, we have gotten less than half our average precip.

Was chasing around looking for food burning yesterday.  Smelled it outside.... then I realized the wind was out of the west and the coffee roaster is 3 blocks WEST of us....duh

• Haha 2