Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, risingjay said:

Is there any pinball threads?

I have a few pinball machines ,that are getting quite rare , they are quite a challenge to repair  -  but how would you go about doing a pinball thread -----I'm all ears

14 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I lived in Quebec City for 5 years , about  a few hundred  feet from the Porte St-Jean

------Porte Saint-Jean, Quebec City | --> Canadian Night Shooters | Flickr

Es-tu Québécois, ou venu d’autre part?  Ton français est pas pire.

Nice photo, too.  I lived in or around Québec City from age 4 to 19.  I liked it, but it was great to move to Toronto and be able to function in English, the language I’m fluent in.

25 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

where Near  Quebec   City   ?   Ste Anne de Beaupre-   Valcartier -Cap-Rouge

------

Limoilou at first, then 2 years in Germany, since my dad was in the Canadian Army and got posted there, and brought my mom and me and my little bro along.  Than back to Limoilou for a year, then to the PMQs (Permanent Married Quarters) at CFB Valcartier, and the last nine years in Shannon, the Irish village beside the base.  It was founded in 1830, and was mostly populated with folks of Irish descent back then, although it’s mostly francophone now.

Were you working or studying in Québec?  It can be a pretty nice place to live.

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Limoilou at first, then 2 years in Germany, since my dad was in the Canadian Army and got posted there, and brought my mom and me and my little bro along.  Than back to Limoilou for a year, then to the PMQs (Permanent Married Quarters) at CFB Valcartier,

we were in  Quebec  last year for the shooting for the Barkksins  series -------

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Es-tu Québécois, ou venu d’autre part?  Ton français est pas pire.

Nice photo, too.  I lived in or around Québec City from age 4 to 19.  I liked it, but it was great to move to Toronto and be able to function in English, the language I’m fluent in.

I like Toronto  ,  beautiful place ---but too much traffic

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

we were in  Quebec  last year for the shooting for the Barkksins  series -------

Wow, Barkskins looks pretty intense.  It looks to be worth checking out.  Where would I be able to see it?  I used to watch Les Bougons.  That was a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

I like Toronto  ,  beautiful place ---but too much traffic

Yes.  I left there in 2001.  Traffic was bad then, but it's insane now.  It's like rush hour nearly 24 hours a day.  You can get things done in Toronto, and you can always get a job, but for me the scenery is lacking.  I missed the mountains of Ireland and Quebec.  No problem finding mountains out here.