Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Is your cup light colored on the inside?

White

Ok I tried to do a picture like you did, I will start out by saying it's not easy pouring coffee and taking a pic with an I-Pad. You are way more coordinated than me.

OK I like it dark. :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Yep I had to pour with my left had to hold my phone and do the pic with my right! Guess I do like it a little lighter or have I forced myself to do that `cause I'm cheap and good coffee isn't anymore;) I adjust the grind to get the most out of it, and when I do the immersion it has to be way more coarse. I'm going to loosen it a notch or two tomorrow morning just for fun!

After dinner mug?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Ok I tried to do a picture like you did, I will start out by saying it's not easy pouring coffee and taking a pic with an I-Pad

Elden ... I help people, that's just what I do.  Get yourself a reality show and they'll hire people to follow you around with a camera. Problem Solved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Elden ... I help people, that's just what I do.  Get yourself a reality show and they'll hire people to follow you around with a camera. Problem Solved. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It could even end up worse.

No thanks, anyway after a couple days they would leave bored to death waiting for something exciting to happen, I do my own thing in the slow lane and like it this way. 

I stay extremely busy with all my own little projects, only time I leave is to go to the hardware store.

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

OK, which one of you wise guys slapped a bulls eye on Beaumonts back????

cone graphic

OK, we both may have a wet week coming up, these could move either way but even if they are correct we will both have some rain next week.

Following right behind that one....

025918_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

OK, we both may have a wet week coming up, these could move either way but even if they are correct we will both have some rain next week.

Following right behind that one....

025918_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I noticed that the picture I linked updates itself.  I thought it was just a screenshot.

• Like 1

Hey, @dtel

made some at 5 am with the grinder tightened up a notch, used the same amount it's a bit different.

Just now with 1 tbsp per 5 oz of water, equals more flavor. Using the clear Christmas mug today so after the washer runs I'll do a comparison. Maybe I'll have more energy today before lunchtime!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I noticed that the picture I linked updates itself.  I thought it was just a screenshot.

I didn't know that, well it looks like the second one coming here is moving slightly West, could you end up with 2 a couple days apart ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey, @dtel

made some at 5 am with the grinder tightened up a notch, used the same amount it's a bit different.

Just now with 1 tbsp per 5 oz of water, equals more flavor. Using the clear Christmas mug today so after the washer runs I'll do a comparison. Maybe I'll have more energy today before lunchtime!

More flavor is better. I always wanted a clear coffee cup so I got one. Problem was it was 50% bigger than what I normally use, this was not good I was drinking more coffee. I don't use it anymore.

Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard weak tea has more caffeine than strong, if true is coffee the same? Sounds backwards to me really.

It's like anything else, whatever you like best is best. 

I remember when I was a kid and once while on vacation we would stop to eat and my dad would always get coffee. The whole family knew when the waitress poured the coffee if was anything short of dark no one around was going to have a good day. He would start by saying what is this i wanted coffee not tea, I can almost see the bottom of the cup, bring me some coffee please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I didn't know that, well it looks like the second one coming here is moving slightly West, could you end up with 2 a couple days apart ?

Thats what it's looking like.  We're on the bad side of Marco as it sits now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

remember when I was a kid and once while on vacation

we always hated road trips ... Pops would hit the road and we don't stop until we get to where we're going. the kids would start reading the signs for all the places to eat as a hint.  every once in a while, he'd stop to eat, but rarely. He was a cop, so he was used to driving all day long. Both him and Mom in the front seat and smoking like chimneys, while I was in the very back of the station wagon with no fresh air. ah, the good ole days!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, dtel said:

0 percent chance of rain today.  Of course its pouring outside now.

• Confused 1