Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Carl I know you probably seen this, but if does not turn it could be Texas, or us, Alabama or even Florida ?

I was hoping we were past all of this.

025718_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I've been watching it because, as you know, the path can vary widely.  My hope is that as it nears land, it'll hit the cooler water and decrease in intensity.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My hope is that as it nears land, it'll hit the cooler water and decrease in intensity.

It looks like that's what they are thinking, they show is slowing down slightly right before land, I hope so.

Your right it could go anywhere.

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Y'all have had more that your share of big weather...

We have not had much here just rain, but hope it stays that way. Remodeling a few rooms and really don't want a huge remodel. I know the structure is OK it had no problem with 140mph winds but loosing a roof means everything inside get's wet, hate to even think about that. And just losing a roof is pretty easy to do. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dtel said:

It looks like that's what they are thinking, they show is slowing down slightly right before land, I hope so.

Your right it could go anywhere.

We have not had much here just rain, but hope it stays that way. Remodeling a few rooms and really don't want a huge remodel. I know the structure is OK it had no problem with 140mph winds but loosing a roof means everything inside get's wet, hate to even think about that. And just losing a roof is pretty easy to do. 

it could be this.. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it could be this.. 

Or this

https://www.weather.gov/oax/octstorm

I remember it like it was yesterday.  most of the trees still had leaves, I was a sleep when I heard the loud pops and booms from trees falling over.  No school for 3 days, some neighborhoods didn't have power for weeks. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or this

https://www.weather.gov/oax/octstorm

I remember it like it was yesterday.  most of the trees still had leaves, I was a sleep when I heard the loud pops and booms from trees falling over.  No school for 3 days, some neighborhoods didn't have power for weeks. 

hope nothing happens this year

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/weather/2017/01/what_were_the_worst_25_storms_in_the_northeast_in_the_past_60_years.html

• Like 3

I just looked at a 40 ft. Oak limb that fell at one of my rent houses. It caught a panel of the neighbor's fence. My tennant saw it fall and said it looked like an entire tree was comming down. Luckily, that was all that was damaged. About half of the base of the limb had rotted, only in one spot. Weird. Chainsaw time.

SSH

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, dtel said:

Carl I know you probably seen this, but if does not turn it could be Texas, or us, Alabama or even Florida ?

I was hoping we were past all of this.

yeah ------Again the same zones

• Like 1