Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Morning all.  It seems like Delta is slowly creeping its way west.  I hope those poor people in Lake Charles don't get it again.  They're still in recovery mode from Laura.

+1 on that.  There's no good place for it to hit, but wow, has the gulf been active this season.  

• Like 2

Happy Thursday folks, hope all is good at your end. Beautiful weather here. I love October.

Been watching a lone doe out my back door. Small, on its own.

Thinking about feeding it. I used to put field corn and apples out, but stopped because I read corn is not good for deer.

Perhaps Soybeans???

• Like 5

I've been, uncharacteristically, quiet today.

Got a phone call at 9PM last night. A friend was having some medical issues and wanted me to take him to the hospital. He decided that he would rather go in an ambulance... so we stopped at the FireDept and loaded him into the ambulance.  11PM, got a phone call from him telling me he was in a hospital in Tucson. 2AM.. another call. He's being discharged.... 4:30AM, we get back home.  Diagnosis was pleurisy. 

Last time I was headed home from Tucson at the time was when I was dating the dancer... This wasn't near as much fun....

Our weather is almost seasonable... not 100` for a change.. Still drinking coffee. Went to bed later than I normally get up

Shot today all to hell.... like I had plans....

• Like 8

On 10/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, RandyH000 said:

He was also speaking about a special Woman , maybe they have eloped away somewhere more private

Ha ... I think my marrying days are behind me. Thanks for your concern about me my friend and I hope you are well. 

I'm fine -- just don't feel that I have anything to contribute -- not that that stops anyone else around here ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Ha ... I think my marrying days are behind me. Thanks for your concern about me my friend and I hope you are well. 

I'm fine -- just don't feel that I have anything to contribute -- not that that stops anyone else around here ...

Help is on the way in your area with the Chinook CH-47 Heli-Tanker  ------ out of Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base in Orange County  , it can drop 3000 gallons of water over fires to slow them down ----

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/national/worlds-largest-helitanker-can-drop-3-000-gallons-of-water-on-wildfires/article_3b2d2f69-82f3-5c4a-b55b-9592107f8f03.html

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

out of Los Alamitos Joint Forces

there is the seal beach naval golf course is in Los Alamitos.and that was where I golfed quite often. Strange Brian @oldtimer never joined me -- I think he finds golf just too exciting. 

I think there are fires still going on; but for us, the danger is gone and the smoke has passed. The air quality has returned to "good" but if you ask me, that is the only thing good about Oregon. Can't believe they sent me a $5600 tax bill -- they tax me 3% HIGHER than California did and they offer so much less in return.  The fact that I don't fit in here is one of the few things that bring a smile to my face these days. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

not that that stops anyone else around here

Hey Steve !!!!

I was muted for a couple months. Mechanical failure. a $60 fix took 2 months.... couldn't remember my password/s,  gmail, too... SO I had to lurk on the wife's ....

like tying an Italian's hands... can't talk

the smoke cleared from the fires in CA... Now we are making our own. You could see it rolling in.

something almost on topic

Decided to to run the sub [doghouse system] using the sub out instead of going thru the speaker outs.... Simple enough.... do ya think I could get the sub to fly?   Went through the amp set up 3 times.... then noticed it was set to Direct... 2.0.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Hey Steve !!!!

I was muted for a couple months. Mechanical failure. a $60 fix took 2 months.... couldn't remember my password/s,  gmail, too... SO I had to lurk on the wife's ....

like tying an Italian's hands... can't talk

the smoke cleared from the fires in CA... Now we are making our own. You could see it rolling in.

Bill nice to hear from you.  Had a sister just move to AZ from SoCal ... in the Havasu area I think.  She told me to move there; but I'm helping out my brother these days and he HATES the heat with a passion. I admit that area gets a bit too warm for my liking; but I'd love to move back to the desert.  I really don't think those that haven't experienced a hot desert night know what they're missing!  

Smoke is all gone around here ... at least from the forest fires, I'm sure if I went downtown I could smell building burning from the nightly riots (I don't watch the news often so not sure what the current situation is).

Was on the BMW website and building a car ... an 8 Series. North of $130K and since I don't want to go back to work, I'll pass on that. Geez, I've put about 50 miles on my current car in the past seven months. Don't drive much since I moved up here to the Devil's playground ... 2015 model and only 56,000 miles on it -- only 18,000 since I left SoCal and a 1800 of those miles were a trip back home!

Stay well. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

they tax me 3% HIGHER than California did and they offer so much less in return.  The fact that I don't fit in here is one of the few things that bring a smile to my face these days. 

Taxes are up   in our  NY Properties 5%  since last year  ,   now for  our Canadian  homes and businesses , we are seeing easy 10 -  even 20% increases -

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

only 18,000 since I left SoCal and a 1800 of those miles were a trip back home!

Stay well. 

Steve , why did you move into Oregon , is it a better climate overall from SoCal

• Like 1