Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

24 minutes ago, dtel said:

If junk hit's your house soon it could be from Russia or China as 6170 pounds of dead satellites may crash at 32, 900 mph in the AM.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/two-dead-satellites-may-collide-194500690.html

space junk  recovery could be a very profitable business as the materials used in space  are some of the most expensive and rarest on earth - but it's also one of the most dangerous and risky -

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Let's see, I've been here 5 1/2 years and have 1850 posts........doubt I'll get there.

It's interesting how all of us got our post count up on the Klipsch Forum...Heck, I just realized I got my 1,000th "like" on the forum while my first 10,000 posts were made prior to them even having that feature. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It's interesting how all of us got our post count up on the Klipsch Forum...Heck, I just realized I got my 1,000th "like" on the forum while my first 10,000 posts were made prior to them even having that feature. 

Hi Zen -- hope you are well.  You're probably like me (and several others that I've talked to) that lost thousands of posts a few years back. Like a few others, I'm still waiting for my toaster too.  Stay well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well

at the end of the day

2 dead and the shooter is in custody...

sadly... it had to come to this first

We could have stopped this from happening [here and now]... but, just because these people are idiots, doesn't mean they don't have rights.

Back in "the old days"  [30 or 40 years ago] the townfolk would have been down there with torches and pitchforks, inviting the people to leave.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Hi Zen -- hope you are well.  You're probably like me (and several others that I've talked to) that lost thousands of posts a few years back. Like a few others, I'm still waiting for my toaster too.  Stay well. 

Evidently I didn't quality for a toaster and btw, those posts were gold as far as I am concerned....Especially yours and I miss the awesome conversations on important topics that we had. In fact, you and I were involved in a conversation where I got my first and only deserved warning points since being on the forum--Memories and hope you are well and that your brother is still enjoying hangin' out with you. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Especially yours and I miss the awesome conversations on important topics that we had. In fact, you and I were involved in a conversation where I got my first and only deserved warning points

I remember that conversation although, I don't think you deserved a warning point and if you did then I surely deserved one too. I felt bad about that -- granted I didn't fall on my sword over it; but I still felt a tinge of guilt in solidarity. When I learnt what happened to you, I was sure the axe was going to fall on me too.  I think I'm a jinx because Mark Deneen and I were involved in a really nice conversation at the time that his tenure here ended. I guess it's best not to admit that you don't know me sometimes. 

Brother doing much better -- cancer free now; although had some life-threatening complications along the way. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Brother doing much better -- cancer free now; although had some life-threatening complications along the way. 

these are great news to hear -in these days  , one can only hope for  the Best    -

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hey Bill @grasshopper -- sad to see the violence in the world.  Anymore people thinking that they are the sole owner of truth and can administer justice as they fit really makes the world suck hard sometimes. With a few exceptions, I've done alright by just minding my own business. 

minding our own business led to having to watch this situation run its course. Told the wife that this was how it was going to end..

Was about a half block away from us. Like watching a months long version of Scarface [Al Pacino].... just wondering when they were going to shoot each other.

All of us neighbors can rest a little easier.

Steve,

Good to hear your brother is better. We like that.

Think we are back to our social outings not involving people in white  lab coats.  Tired of that already.  Seems like all I have been doing , lately, has been shuttling people or me to Drs. Waiting in the parking lot is so much fun when the temps are hovering around 100`

Weather has cooled off. Mid 90's. We're still 10` above ave.. That is OK. Our normal highs are around 80.

• Like 3