Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

29 minutes ago, dtel said:

Content, if content is important, or accurate content is needed we can reduce all the post by 90%, 99%...

No facebook or other forums, this is it and this burns me out sometimes and I just don't even bother to look.

What got me thinkin' about participation here was this comment I saw in another thread talking about those "under 30.":

On 10/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, CECAA850 said:

They'd rather communicate via text than actually be face to face with someone.  That would involve actual conversation.

10 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

My guess is Diarrhea of the fingers! 😈

No shit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

But I don't keep track of that stuff since it makes no difference, your post count and a dime will get you a dime. It might be a good count I have no idea.

They don't matter?  Crap, I was hoping to make my resume more attractive by listing my post count, reputation points, and years on the forum. I mean they don't just let anyone hang out here, do they?  I was told that only "important" people can join. My membership was approved immediately; but I thought that was because I know people. Maybe that's why I didn't get the last job I applied for ... I spent a considerable portion of my interview talking about the Klipsch forum.  And just think, they seemed so interested ...

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

It occurs to me to ask how do they come up with the levels of participation such as Heritage Member and Klipsch Lifer that's on our Avatar pane? I understand it's by post count but what are those levels? 

Good Question. Mine has changed from one to two others in the past few months. It's not like I'm extremely helpful to everyone and vey knowledgeable of technological aspects of crossovers.

Maybe an algorithm of sorts?  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

It occurs to me to ask how do they come up with the levels of participation such as Heritage Member and Klipsch Lifer that's on our Avatar pane? I understand it's by post count but what are those levels? 

well, if you'll notice it appears that eventually we'll move on from Klipsch Forum Lifer to a Woof.  I see that Carl is a Woof and he's a nine-dotter.  I'm only an 8-dot lifer. This darn social class system that has been thrust upon us!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well, if you'll notice it appears that eventually we'll move on from Klipsch Forum Lifer to a Woof.  I see that Carl is a Woof and he's a nine-dotter.  I'm only an 8-dot lifer. This darn social class system that has been thrust upon us!

Royal order of the Woof. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tarheel said:

All this post count talk!  I just know I will be devastated if someone fails to recognize my 15 years on October 23rd! 

ok  --Happy 15 year on the klipsch Forum -- what's a few days -

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, grasshopper said:

got a laugh. Wife went to pick up a tire/wheel I left at the tire store... The girls at the shop were gushing about my appearance. I don't know what they see/saw... but wife said they were most interested in me.

guess I still have "it"...

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Probably a gap in the sarong.

Gushing and laughing may be synonymous, not sure. But if laughter was accompanied with pointing and this 🤏 then yes a gap in the sarong is a definite possibility— 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1