Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I see that Carl is a Woof and he's a nine-dotter.  I'm only an 8-dot lifer. This darn social class system that has been thrust upon us!

Oh great I never noticed there are different numbers of dots, I have no idea what that means.   Or care really

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Just found this story about LRAD,  "Long range acoustic device".

It can send a voice or different sounds up to 2 miles as a bullhorn at 90 db,  or other signals at 137 to 162 decibels at long distances. 

• Like 5

I wonder if the LRAD could be used for ship-to-ship communication that couldn’t be overheard on radio?  Pity there was no technical info, like type/number of drivers, whether horns were used, total power in watts, and so on.  I guess that’s proprietary/top secret/classified.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well, if you'll notice it appears that eventually we'll move on from Klipsch Forum Lifer to a Woof.  I see that Carl is a Woof and he's a nine-dotter.  I'm only an 8-dot lifer. This darn social class system that has been thrust upon us!

Mine says "Large Member".....wonder how they knew!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Islander said:

I guess that’s proprietary/top secret/classified.

Proprietary, at least

How's everyone today?

Looks to be shaping up for another sunny and warm here. We're still running 10`+ above average. Not so bad when average is 85`. Time to start winterizing the house, though. AM temps are cool. Mid 40's to low 50's.

Thinking about starting soil prep for next year's garden. Don't need to buy cow/horse manure...Those are free for the asking. Gonna run a bunch of tomatoes. Have to start them in January Time to order seeds. ... or maybe go to the community garden and get some cuttings and clone them. Cuttings readily root.

Boy issued an "Ooomph" when I strongly suggested he replace his other 2 tires and get his car serviced. He just got paid and all of that should keep him out of trouble [spending money on whims] for a little while.

The Olds is about due some tires... that will do the same for me... but I'm not running hand to mouth. Boy should have plenty of $$$ for it, but he has been spending money stupid... errr, not setting any back for such things

@oldtimer

is that from Cartman bulks up?