Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Wife and I were discussing math and applying it to things kids can relate to, so they know why they need math/geometry.

I suggested making a clock... Belt drive. Cutting gears might be a little too much

Happens to be such a project on the net. She wants [me] to build one at home first,

Me and my big mouth....

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Wife and I were discussing math and applying it to things kids can relate to, so they know why they need math/geometry.

I suggested making a clock... Belt drive. Cutting gears might be a little too much

Happens to be such a project on the net. She wants [me] to build one at home first,

Me and my big mouth....

You might be building a clock. I do that sometimes, suggest something and then the wife wants me to actually build it. I was only kidding. Now she even suggest my time and skills to her friends, she says....."I know a guy"! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/17/2020 at 2:53 AM, Islander said:

I wonder if the LRAD could be used for ship-to-ship communication that couldn’t be overheard on radio?  Pity there was no technical info, like type/number of drivers, whether horns were used, total power in watts, and so on.  I guess that’s proprietary/top secret/classified.

the Russians have a weapon called the Khibiny electronic warfare  which is activated by flybys of  SU-24 planes  , and similar to the LRAD  , not only are they  effective  , but they are  also used as  a psychological weapon ,  to destroy the moral  -

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just a FYI on the girl trying on clothes,  besides being very cute, she  has 213,000 subscribers and that vid has 2.8 million views. Youtube pays out about $1000 bucks per million views, not including any advertising dollars she will get as well.  She is probably making a nice living doing that.

• Like 3

Who knows what the actual arrangement is between her and the company she is advertising (Dolls Kill). 

Social media brand ambassadors

Social media brand ambassadors (also known as micro-influencers or nano-influencers) are social media users who spread the word about a company/brand or its products by posting about them on social media and promoting them to their unique social audience. Usually social media brand ambassadors are part of a larger "Ambassador program" run by a company where the company gives each ambassador a "referral code" or "referral link" to promote with. For example, the ambassador would be given a code like "ambassador15" that would be valid for 15% off on the company's online store. Then, whenever that code is used, the company is able to easily trace it back to that particular ambassador, and can reward that ambassador for helping bring in that sale to the company via a sales commission, free products, or social media exposure. Brand ambassador programs are becoming a huge part of the digital and social media marketing landscape as modern consumers are wanting to become more integral parts of recommending and promoting the brands they love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Morning folks......fixed one of Jake's favorites this morning.......bacon and cheese grits.  Added a little cream cheese to smooth out the texture.  About the only dish that causes Jake to take a short cut to the kitchen🙂

Sammy coined the phrase: I'll have what you're having.

Just open the fridge, a drawer, or god forbid any type of packaging while in the kitchen, and she is on you. Many times, you do not hear her coming.

Special skills for an 11 year old dog.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, babadono said:

Morning Gents...and Ladies if there are any lurking.

Worked my arse off yesterday, getting a slow start today..:emotion-44::emotion-44:

Nevertheless back to wall building. good day to all.

You're not afraid of work....be careful Eric, them rocks are heavy.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Morning folks......fixed one of Jake's favorites this morning.......bacon and cheese grits.  Added a little cream cheese to smooth out the texture.  About the only dish that causes Jake to take a short cut to the kitchen🙂

WOW..that sounds very good. Any leftovers? 😁

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Mister Mudd - after further review I think you’d look best in #3 or #4, leaning to #3 sexy cheerleader. Not sure you can pull off the 

pink feathery costume but whatever floats your boat - have fun Trick and/or Treating.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

gotta taste , real  good  with cream chesse , we use creme chees on bagels in the morning  I've never had grits in my whole life , but I hear  Grits  are a popular dish in the South ---they even made the Headlines in a movie once

• Like 1