Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Not touching that hunting accident statement.  

I'm planning on making Keith Richards look like a Mama's boy!  :)

No accident, if so it would have happened sometime in the past 42 years.

I'll join you on the keith Richards thing, but I do have a pretty good start already on that. :emotion-19:  But a little less hardcore, he's dedicated. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

what is the biggest difference between Thai and say Chinese food? spices used?

I think the answer is yes. The recipes are a bit different. China, being larger, has more regional differences. I think the food differences are like banjo music. Unless you listen a lot, it all sounds the same. 🙄

• Like 4

On 10/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, grasshopper said:

thought that was called commando

was he eating sauerkraut and beans?

Commando is the North American equivalent of Regimental.  Perhaps it denotes dedication to your unit.  

See what I did there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

what is the biggest difference between Thai and say Chinese food? spices used?

Thai food, for my own personal taste, is better than Chinese.  Thai food is very broad in its dishes, but they are known for their currie sauces, with yellow, red and green curries, which have coconut milk added to them, are all quite good when done right and are rarely found in Chinese cooking.   

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Thai food, for my own personal taste, is better than Chinese.  Thai food is very broad in its dishes, but they are known for their currie sauces, with yellow, red and green curries, which have coconut milk added to them, are all quite good when done right and are rarely found in Chinese cooking.   

You can see it that way, but you do not have to generalize. Of course the Chinese cuisine is different from the Thai cuisine, but I think both are excellent. Basically the Asian culinary arts are, for me, the best in the world. No matter if Indian, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Indonesian, Taiwanese or Korean. Only the Japanese cuisine is really strange for the western oriented gourmet. 

• Like 4