Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

what is the biggest difference between Thai and say Chinese food? spices used?

One difference is that you’ll rarely find peanut sauce in Chinese food, but it’s common in Indonesian and Thai food.

As for Italian, I can eat spaghetti with meat sauce nearly seven days a week, once I’ve got the cook dialled in to my taste.  My last gf saw it as a challenge, and enjoyed experimenting until she figured out just the way I like it.  I was even able to get her to make it for me after we split up.  We’re still good friends, but since she lives in Toronto, I haven’t tasted her great spaghetti for many years.  And no, spaghetti means the food here, in case some horndogs in this thread were imagining anything else.  You know who you are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

See how he worded that one too dtel?  You got him though!  Ha!  I read that twice while listening to Joe & The James Gang...  He's a sneaky one me thinks!  :)

Yea he sneaks things in, but he makes you look for them, he's good. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How's everyone today?

Looks like we only get two seasons this year.... Winter and summer. Low 70's [as a high temp] in the forecast next week.  Miss all of the nice transitional temps...

A minor change up in coffee. Opened a bag of Sumatran beans this AM

my wife says she doesn't like spaghetti..

not the sauce or the pasta

But she likes mine. I am still trying to figure out if mine is that good or so bad that she doesn't recognize it as spaghetti.

made pizza using fresh [home made] dough. Came out pretty good, even if I say so myself. Wife enjoyed it thoroughly, too

slow by slow, I converting her into an Italian...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Morning @grasshopper

Got up before the alarm, made extra coffee, came to check my e-mails and winten was updating.

Tried the tv news & I hate paul ryan and how I can't watch the am news anymore without cussing and then turning the darn thing off.

Certain haters (yea I'm one now too) aren't allowed to be heard in my place! They played him whining the third time in five minutes and I removed the electrons from it!

Sat in here and drank a mug changed all those settings back that msft reverts to and got to look up the truth.

Oh boy, here it comes.

facepalm.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Usually I've put a coat of sealer on the driveway late in the summer. Not this year so I don't have the outside broom half coated in that black tar looking substance. Got a handful of feathers out of a pillow and put some on it one time. The political solicitors have quit coming around here! Don't know if it's just my place or not.

This `toon was in the paper only a month or two after a big election and struck me well. I cut up my collection and put them on a board and on my coffee can piggy banks when i was laid up once.

PXL-20201022-121910592.jpg

• Haha 3