Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Enough with Chucks 14 years. Mr. ‘Heel is a piker at just 14 years. I had 14 years prior to not being able re- establish an email/password account after going underground and living in the subways of Peru for xxx many years. I do know I bought Hersey parts from Trey when back in the day he was working customer service/parts. Of course he’s BMOC now with virtually no contact with the “little people”.

I’d venture a guess at 20+ years although some were on/off years. And now, an esteemed Founders Member, my life of hard knocks and living hand to mouth behind me, able to establish internet service and contribute to this highly respected Forum. Some say I’m full of bullshit, others believe that to be an honor. I agree — 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, richieb said:

Enough with Chucks 14 years. Mr. ‘Heel is a piker at just 14 years. I had 14 years prior to not being able re- establish an email/password account after going underground and living in the subways of Peru for xxx many years. I do know I bought Hersey parts from Trey when back in the day he was working customer service/parts. Of course he’s BMOC now with virtually no contact with the “little people”.

I’d venture a guess at 20+ years although some were on/off years. And now, an esteemed Founders Member, my life of hard knocks and living hand to mouth behind me, able to establish internet service and contribute to this highly respected Forum. Some say I’m full of bullshit, others believe that to be an honor. I agree — 

It is 15 years, but yes, he's a piker. (i think we spelled it wrong)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes Congratulations Tarheel on 15 years, you know we like to harass you. But you have it going on, retired, nice LF, cool car. good looking....wait 3 out of 4 aint bad.

He's actually not that bad looking. At first, I only saw a few pictures of him with LF and thought "ugly dude must have money"!

Then a couple years ago, I saw a pic of him with Carl. He's not as homely as I thought.

Guess it is all relative. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Ah yes, this vid reminds me of the good ole days,  wandering the local audio shops, going room to room, full of cool gear....

I fondly remember those days as well. My 2 channel days (back when we called it "stereo") considering fidelity were short lived (1979-1983 or so) and I didn't get back in the game until 2000 when I discovered Home Theater. 😎I visited dozens of showrooms to audition nowadays people go to the internet to solicit opinions and then buy online...Yep. Times have changed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Ah yes, this vid reminds me of the good ole days,  wandering the local audio shops, going room to room, full of cool gear.  Here,  a walk through of a shop in Italy.  Also, Klipsch, in the house.  Notice the big mac amp sitting on the floor in this still image. Have to find out what that is.

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/amplifiers/MC901

A used one was on Audigon for 70k.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Fascinating.  I've been to Peru and don't recall any subways.  I also have a can of bullshit repellent, just in case...

You obviously didn’t frequent my Peruvian neighborhoods. Beneath your standards I’m presuming? And reading on your investment prowess, our new property in Kansas has a fair amount of beachfront? If you’re interested I can get you in on the ground floor. Please PM on the $$$. Not something I care to advertise to the world —

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

He's actually not that bad looking. At first, I only saw a few pictures of him with LF and thought "ugly dude must have money"!

Then a couple years ago, I saw a pic of him with Carl. He's not as homely as I thought.

Guess it is all relative. 

Mike, Carl makes everybody look better..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2